Should E-II be cheaper than the equivalent standard series model?

Updated

If a standard series sold for say £1400 ($1700) new, would you be happy to pay the same for an equivalent model E-II ?

Or would you expect it to be cheaper seeing as it has no ESP logo, and the fact that E-II is a non-brand?

Or would you pay treble the price of the standard series for what is now re-branded the original series???

Pushead

You're nearly three years late to this party.  The ESP Standard brand hasn't been around since 2014.  The decision was made and E-II is the brand for the guitars in that price range.  Each customer will have to decide on their own if the guitar is worth the price.

Martyn R
Pushead wrote:

You're nearly three years late to this party.  The ESP Standard brand hasn't been around since 2014.  The decision was made and E-II is the brand for the guitars in that price range.  Each customer will have to decide on their own if the guitar is worth the price.

An update : check my older posts, I was on the case back then re E-II....

Any how, I wasn't so much asking for advice, just people's thoughts now a couple of years have slipped by since the E-II has been out and the standard series discontinued.

If anything I think it has devalued the entire ESP product range. Custom shops aren't worth a hoot second hand, no one wants something personalised for someone else, Original series are pretty much unavailable and the ones that are, are discounted by 50% from their 3.5k price tag, E-II are selling sub grand - the same as a second hand standard series, and Ltd are discounted massively, again 50% off from some stores.

I just bought a new £199 / $240 Ltd 101, cheap as hell and plays brill for practising on whilst waiting & saving for the right Original series to come up at £1500 / $1800.

Post to Thread