E-II Eclipse vs Ltd EC-1000 Neck

Updated
E-II Eclipse vs Ltd EC-1000 Neck

Hey guys!

I was wondering, how does the neck of an Ltd EC-1000 compare to the neck on an E-II Eclipse ?

I'm eager to buy an E-II EC, but i recently picked up an EC-1000 Koa and i hated it. The neck felt weird with a D shape, the edges were round, but the middle was plain flat ? I didn't enjoy the way the fret edges sat on the neck either, also, the action was medium high and the frets felt huge. 

So how does the E-II compare ?  Does the neck feel rounder (like a Gibson 60s slim taper neck ) and does it just feel nicer to play although they both have the Thin U neck and XJ frets ? 

Pushead

I find the ESP and E-II necks on an Eclipse to match the LTD EC models, though the shape you describe doesn't quite match what I expect. I'm used to the necks being fairly rounded throughout, and not especially round at the edges.  In comparison to a Gibson 60s neck, I find it a bit rounder and a tad thicker.

What are you used to playing, or what are you comparing it to?

Roy
Pushead wrote:

I find the ESP and E-II necks on an Eclipse to match the LTD EC models, though the shape you describe doesn't quite match what I expect. I'm used to the necks being fairly rounded throughout, and not especially round at the edges.  In comparison to a Gibson 60s neck, I find it a bit rounder and a tad thicker.

What are you used to playing, or what are you comparing it to?

Yeah it was weird, im used to ESP products always having very nice and smooth feeling necks. But the LTD Koa i played felt exactly  like an Ibanez neck but maybe a bit thicker. 

I currently play a Dean V '79 reissue,  it has a D-shape neck i believe. And im looking for a neck that is a bit thicker and rounder,  more like a C-shape and somewhere inbetween a 'Les Paul 60s slim taper' and a 'late 50s rounded'  neck.  

Pushead

That's where I'd say an Eclipse neck fits.  I have 60's necked Gibsons and 50's necked Gibsons and the Eclipse is right in the middle.  Round like the 50's but thinner.

Roy

Thats exactly what i want!  Thus why i'm looking at the E-II Eclipse (vintage black especially).  And its also why im concerned, since the Ltd EC-1000 Koa  felt so weird and uncomfortable. And since they both have the Thin U  neck.

Post to Thread