Question regarding pickup spacing for EII Eclipse

Updated
Alec H.

Howdy, folks. I am getting an ESP E-II eclipse and i was wondering if anyone knows if the pickup spacing is standard Gibson .50mm or fender .53? I am looking to replace the EMGs with passives when it comes in.

Pushead

You'll want the Fender spaced.

Michael S.

ESP usually puts in 'gibson' spaced pickups in their Eclipse guitars. This is evidenced if you view the EII Eclipse passive guitars, to which they state "SH" (gibson space), rather than "TB" (fender spaced). Now, I tend to find that these guitars are better suited for 'fender' spaced pickups (Duncan Trembucker space, Dimarzio F-Spaced) but it really doesn't matter in the end as both work fine. Again, as the regular spaced pickups (Duncan SH) come stock on LTD/EII/ESP Eclipse guitars for their passive versions you're fine with those. 

One thing to note that for the bridge pickup you can do either spacing but I would only do 'gibson' (Duncan Humbucker, Dimarzio Regular) for the neck pickup because based on measurements the 'gibson' style fits perfectly. 

Alec H.

Thank you for the reply. I have had a Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell put into the bridge position as well as a Cold Sweat in the neck and i am much, much happier. 

Post to Thread