•RANT•GuitarCenter OR pawn shop SELLIN' OR BUYIN' USED GEAR EXPERIENCE GOOD OR BAD?

Updated
•RANT•GuitarCenter OR pawn shop SELLIN' OR BUYIN' USED GEAR EXPERIENCE GOOD OR BAD?

I BET THEY RIPPED YOU OFF...

Sad butthole rat policy of guitar center is sickening that guitar you have Sweat on ripped your fingers open making callus' teaching you how to play .. that amp you got from your buddy that kept your parents up that got the neighbors to call the cops the gear that got you layed (c'mon ,it wasn't your good looks and personality it was your instrument)? Now you need cash .... I see guitarcenter ripping people on used gear all the time they don't and won't haggle price they offer one price and if you don't like it tough pawn shops give better deals on pawn(loan) an you can still get your gear back in 90 days if you pay them back with a lil Intrested and if you don't have enough to pay in 90 days at a pawn shop guess what for 7 to 9% depending o where you pawned you can extend your time to get your gear at a later date . If your low on cash and desperate NEVER GO TO GUITAR CENTER TO SELL YOUR GEAR . I DID ONCE luckily. I was upgrading amps but I still regret it now looking back it was a nice amp I wish I still had it my point being I bought that amplifier 2x12 120 watt combo for 650$ brand new from guitar center 2 years later I sold it back used to them they offered me $100 luckly I was in a band with some one who worked there at the time and he got me 225 store credit or 180 in cash I was lucky I knew someone any one els would have got 100 bux so in 2 years loosing $550 great combo amp nothin wrong with it I went back around a month an a half later ..,, there was my amp in the used section that had a used tag (AMAZING PRICE DROP DEAL STEAL) it was marked on it an the price? $460 USED IF I didn't have a band member getting me a bit more I'd get $100 a mark up of $360 I'm all For running a business but be fair to the customer atleast make a fair deal of 45% any thing lower is just a DICK MOVE ......so I got ripped and they do it every day I SEEN AND BEEN TOLD BY DO MANY FRIENDS NOT TO MOST DONT SOME DO AND THEY ALL REGRET so lesson learned do t sell to guitar center unless you know some one have junk they will take and really don't want need cash to upgrade or are stuck in th parking lot and your car broke down and need 100 bux to fix it and sell your Mesa boogie or fender twin reverb anything that will increase in value over time pawn it and get it back or better yet use craigslist or Ebay and get actually what it's worth

Dale T.

Yeah, they'll rip you on buying your used gear. That's why you sell it yourself. It works that way with resale. If it's something that will sell tomorrow, they'll offer you more. If it's something they have to sit on, they'll offer you less.

I buy used gear from Guitar Center. I learned my lesson when I sold them an RG7 my dumb ass paid $1000 for when I was 17, turned around and sold it to Guitar Center for $100. Yup.

peter s.

Pawn shops are always better in pricing in comparison to the local shops.I have sold a used guitar two weeks ago and i have got enough price for that.So i always consider Pawnbrokers shop so sell used things or to buy also.

Post to Thread