LTD elite -> E-II??

Updated
LTD elite -> E-II??

To put it quickly my question is whether there is any diffrence production wise between the Elite modals from last year and the E-II that we have now. I'm talking in particular about the Horizon III nt. I'm from Poland so it's going to be some time still before the E--II get here and I'm just wondering if they are any different and whether the price is going to be any different.
Thank you in advance for any help! I tried mailing ESP but they havn't answered me and it's been three weeks since I wrote. Maybe someone over here will be able to help me

TT

I can only tell you about the Eclipse E-II as I had an LTD Elite Eclipse and now an Eclipse E-II.

The E-II is the same with respect to everything, except the neck radius is now the same radius as the "standard" models.  LTD Elite 350mm, E-II 305mm.   Other than that same guitar.   The MSRP went up by $100 from the Elite to E-II.  The price of the Eclipse Standard went DOWN to $1699 from I believe $1999.

I have to write this, though I wish it went true, I now have my second E-II, because the first one they sent me had flaws.  And now this second one also has flaws.

The first one had bad pots.  All 3 had rattling pot shafts.  The tone pot is so bad that even a light touch was cause it to ratttle making a "tink tink" sound as you move it lighlty back and forth.  The 2 volume pots were not as bad, but both rattle still.  That's just NOT what ESP quality should be.  That's just cheap pots.  Also, the nut was poorly cut on the E-II.  The low E string groove was cut too low, so much the string sat noticealby lower than the A string and it felt weird when playing it.  It's like my fingers had to hunt for where the low E is.  There was also a finish flaw in the cutaway/horn area.  it's larger than a pencil erasure, and it looks like the stain didn't take.  I've seen flaws like that go as factory B-stock, yet this guitar was sent to me as first quality.  I bought it from a very reputable and large retailer here in the US.

They sent a replacment of the same guitar.  Guess what?  The pots on this guitar ALSO rattle.  Not as bad as the first guitar, but obviously someone is installing a bad batch of pots and not caring that they are doing it.  There is no excuse for rattling pots in a high quality instrument.  There is also a flaw in the binding on the headstock.  It's right in front of the nut on the top side where I can see it, and I can easily feel it as well.   Plus, where the bridge studs go into the wood/body they are not fully seated, and I can see the drilled wood right under them.  It looks CHEAP, like someone didn't now how to install the studs, and/or are using the wrong studs.

I don't know what's going on at the Japanese factory, but from the 2 2014 E-II's I just got I'm not thrilled, and the are NOT the ESP quality I expect.  They are not even as high quality as most ESP LTD guitars that are much lower priced and are not made in Japan.   ESP really needs to check into this.

They lowered the price on their Standards, but then come with new models with ultra high prices.  I'm now wondering if the E-II's are being built by student luthiers and the higher priced models built by their expert builders.  If so, that's not good expecially when the quality is not up to par.

Jan J.

That is extremaly dissapointing to hear. Because when I heard a year ago about LTD Elite I thought that they noticed that people wanted something to bridge the gap between LTD and ESP and listened to them. They gave us what a lot of us wanted. But now it just seems really strange and confusing.
The problems that you are having are really quite unexpected. Even my ltd guitars from china don't have these kinds of problems. I hope the you just had the worst luck and that this is not something common. Because I love ESP but I'm hearing a lot of bad things about these guitars made after the 2014 rebranding. And frankly I'm not quite willing to give up a considerable amout of money if I feel that the company is playing games with me. And it's not helping that I can't seem to get anybody from ESP to answer my questions.  Well hopefully all this will change soon. 
Nonetheless thanks for the help and I wish you better luck with future purchases

load more replies (1 of 1)
load more replies (3 of 3)
Marius M.

I've an LTD Elite ST that I bought maybe two months before the E-II thing ... Flawless instrument in every way

G•STANK

Would u consider selling or trading for a 91 fender usa double fat strat with floyd rose factory set up nothing switched out

Marius M.

Thanks for the offer, this LTD Elite is now my main strat so I'm keeping it for now but if you find one grab it, it's a great guitar.

G•STANK

That's what I wanted to see on the E-ll Just like the E-l Elite the black body with active EMG and rose wood fingerboard I want them to mix it up ...I want the E-ll to be black STRAT with EMG humbucker (2would be better but not a big deal) with the maple neck .i think it would look alot more bolder Aswell than the current E-ll as it is just maple neck blue body Seymour Duncans Take both guitars and but all the best performing best looking parts to make it right as it should have in the first place and call it "THE ELITEST" and send me a free one since I did ESP/LTD a Solid favor

G•STANK

AND ON TOP OF SLL OF THAT THE HEAD STOCK SHOULD HAVE NO DOUBT HAVE BEEN STAMPED AS E S P 

NOW THIS WHOLE LINE IF BACK N FORTH ESP AND LTD PRODUCT COMPANY NAME CHANGE IS GETTING CONFUSING DEPENDING WHAT YEAR YOU BUY YOUR ESP/LTD GUITAR AND  CAN BE A HUGE PROBLEM WHEN TRYING TO FIND SPARE PARTS NOT KNOWING IF YOUR BUYING TRUE PRODUCTS OR NOT ! I MEAN SOME DICK CAN REALLY RIPP SOME POOR ASSHOLE OFF FOR ALOT OF MONEY AND ALOT OF THAT TIMES THAT ASS HOLE IS YOU AND ME GETTING JUNK SO ESP LTD PLEASE CALM DOWN ON THE RANDOM CHANGES ON SHIT TO SHOWROOM THAT HANG SIDE BY SIDE 

MY ¢.02 and 20 minuet ramble 

Post to Thread