Esp horizon 1 original vs Jackson us soloist sl1

Updated
Christophe C.

Hi everybody

Actually I play with Jackson us soloist sl1 and I intend to buy esp original horizon1 custom shop red candy apple.

Can you give your opinion about this esp to be sure about my choice

Thank you 

antikue

I have a couple of USA Jacksons and I have owned several (12) in the past, and I find them quite dull sounding guitars. They play nicely, but are typically a bit heavy and feel like bricks while playing. Also most of them had issues with bridge alignment. My Original Series M-II (2011) is lightweight, exceptionally sensitive to touch and of course displays impeccable craftsmanship. I also have a M-II custom ('98) and a Navigator LP (1'2) which are excellent instruments as well

LK1

Just go for it

Christophe C.

Thank you for your answer 

The neck of the horizon 1 custom is similar or different of the Jackson soloist?

LK1

I haven't played a Soloist in a long long time but the neck profiles are probably very similar. The Horizon is 42mm at the nut, Soloist is 43mm. Fretboard radius is 305mm on both.

antikue

Jacksons have wider necks yes, they feel bigger overall due to that difference. My mahogany soloist has a huge neck approaching Les Paul dimensions

LK1

It probably feels like something between the Soloist and the Ibanez Wizard necks.

Post to Thread