Wanting to restore my ESP Eclipse

Updated
bratsvt

I have a late 80s or possible early 90s ESP ECLIPSE with a floyd rose.  I want to fix her up like how she use to be, when she first was new. I just have a couple of questions. The first one is, what size of floyd rose do i need to buy. Since there'sa bunch of different sizes out there. The one that's on it now is worn out pretty good. I was just going to take it in and have it re gold plated again but i was told its cheaper to buy a new original one. The second question is, what pick ups should i put back in her. I was told that it should have emg 60 and 81. Those were what came with it. The neckis in exellent condition but the body has a few dings here and there. I found a guitar guru who will remove the old paint and re paint it. Using the same kind of paint that was used back then. Any help is greatly appreciate. 

bratsvt

ESP 348

Cool guitar, I would have the original FR replated man. Whatever the cost, at least it fill fit and more importantly it's the original tremelo that came with the guitar.

I can't help with your choice of pick ups as I am not 100% what it would have come with. But an 81/60 combo would suit this guitar well.

I am sure your guru will do an excellent job of refinishing this guitar for you.

If the resto has been completed, please post pics for us.

Cheers Pap

bratsvt

Not completed yet, should be done by next month. My mistake, the pick-ups that are in the guitar now are the original one's. Seymour Duncan's 59 and JB. If it was cost efficient,  i would've had the original one re plated but the price tag on that was about 350. I got a new gold base plate. The saddles were shot. So i got some ghost tech saddles. I reused the original big block brass and the whammy bar holder. I didn't get a repaint. I just had the chips fixed. You really cant tell they were even there now.

Euclides N.

Hello, sorry to ask this on this post.

I just got a ESP Eclipse 1995 and would like some more information about it, if its real and etc.

They wont let me post a Thread as Im a new user, how many posts do I need so I can get this up and get some help from you guys?

I now nothing about ESP this is my first one and really need help

Thanks

bratsvt

Send me a pic at b.radical1971@yahoo.com 

load more replies (2 of 2)
ESP 348

Guitar finished Brat?? Any pics?

bratsvt

Hopefully next month. Been busy working. 

bratsvt

Got it done

Alyssa T.

ohhh my god) it is so beautiful) 

Post to Thread