1984 Hybrid II

Updated
larsen

Hi Guys,

I have a pinkish hybrid II - a telebody with start pickups, strat pickguard/controls and strat neck.

I dont know alot about this guitar - I have seen one similar in a 1984 catalogue. Mine however was born with an ESP floyd-rose - this must have been one of the first floyd-rose licenced trems. 

Does anyone have any information about this guitar ? like where it was made ? who many were made ? etc.

saketman

Hi,

if your guitar is like this in the first picture catalogue your guitar is the Hybrid 1 st series that began in 1984 catalogue, as you say:

Then, was made by ESP the second  Hybrid model  which name is : "the Hybrid":

I know because I have an: the Hybrid and this is mine:

This model, also with one humb. and 1 single coil, remained on the ESP production for many years, (from 1986).

The second immage, where there is "the Hybrid", is in the 1994 catalogue. 

Then  LTD made the: Hybrid II and this,  is now in the ESP LTD catalogue:

Best regards and...

Sorry for my english

larsen

Thank you for the reply

i have the pink tele/strat hybrid. What is Strange is that mine was borne with a floyd rose system - in 1984 that must have been one of the very first floyd rose licensed trems. 

If someone have more info that would be great

saketman

Hi larsen, 

probabily your ESP was made with an optional part (the floyd rose bridge).

This thing was possible  in ESP Japan factory (and then also in ESP N.Y.).

I know this because I have a particoular ESP ( Junior II that was made in N.Y.) thas a different humb. from the normal Japan production.

Probabily your ESP  has a bridge that was not in catalogue or remember that ESP when was Navigator by ESP was a Japan particulary shop of guitar parts 

I have founded an 1993 ESP order and, if you read, you can also change some parts  in construction of the guitar:

Hypnotoad6969

Interesting guitar. The Hybrids were found in a warehouse in California in the mid 80's and sold as new old stock. I just had some work done on mine by pros it's alder, maple, rosewood. Mine however is a hybrid II, definately made in Japan, and it had a Duncan in it for some reason. VERY cool guitars, if you lurk around eBay or Reverb you can find em from time to time. Got mine for dirt cheap with in intention of flipping it, but when it arrived it was just way to fuc#$ng cool I decided to keep it.  Pics don't even come close to doing the finish and color justice.

Post to Thread