pink esp, possible CS info required!

Updated
sander h.

i have the posibility to buy this one, but i dont even know if its real... i find 0 info on it online. do you guys know what model or year it is? knp serial

jt76

never seen anything like it, Esp has made some crazy body shapes especially in the early years.
if you are comfortable doing it, take the neck off and look at the heel of the neck and inside the neck pocket.
if there are any markings in there take pictures and post them, that might help.

sander h.

Im buying this tomorow morning if everything is well. Asking price is about 400$ wich seems ok to me if its in good shape. 

Ive allready customer service at esp but no response yet. Once i have it, ill take of the neck and see what i find.

sander h.

Well ive bought it! Paid 250€ if annyonne is interested. The neck plate sais esp and then serial. Neck pocket sais nothing. But it does look like this is ash or mayebe alder. The neck had some witing on it but pretty unreadable. It looked like 51 crossed out and then 53 writen into place but not sure. What i am sure of is that the body is esp. The paint looks exactly like the paint on my hybrid. A litle sparkle in there. Annyhow, more info is more than welcome! 

jt76

Looks like early to mid 80s based on the neck. That would fit with the age of the paint from the hybrid.  The neck looks like an Esp neck to me.   If is both esp neck and body it should be worth about the same amount as the 80s hybrid.  they go for about 600 to 800 US $ so 250 Euros is a good deal.  Post some pictures if you get a chance.

Pushead

Did you buy that from a guy named Bill?  I think he posts here (or used to.)  His is the only one I've ever seen like that, but to be honest, I'm not totally sure it matches exactly.

sander h.

No its not from him. From a guy in belgium... but the guitar was orinally sold from a shop in switzerland, zurich. It still has the sticker of that musicstore. I would love to find out more about it. The people at esp japan say they vaguely remember this model but even they dont know tha name of it.... it does sound and play great though.

Pushead

Here's the photo of the Bill guy I mentioned.  It's the only other one I've seen.

sander h.

cool! thx for posting! mine only has the upper body contour. also mine has chrome hardware so i guess mine is a prototype or an older model, as i found another one online with the added lower contours too. mine looks muck more like te white one in the picture. the original pickup came with my guitar and its a zebra model too! so they are propably from the same run. i just wish mine had a fixed bridge!

Post to Thread