48th street esp guitar

Updated
48th street esp guitar

I recently bought a ESP neck and body from a guy on craigslist that said he got it in the 80's from the 48th street shop.I'm just trying to find out more about it,what they're worth and any info whatsover.Thanks!!

jt76

Esp started off as a parts company,  with a few guitar models branded Navigator.   The 48th street shop was the dealer for Esp,   at first they would have mostly sold ESP parts and or guitars they assembled form Esp parts and some Navigator guitars.  eventually moving towards assembled guitars branded ESP and away from the parts market.  Essentially what you have is the parts for an ESP 400 series strat.   Basically a vintage Fender strat spec guitar.     A typical 400 series goes for about $500 - $700 depending on condition and how many are floating around on the market at any given time.  Thats assembled with hardware and pickups. What you have is good quality but not worth a lot.  In my opinion the quality should be similar to a high end production level fender american like a deluxe or select series strat.   It would essentially be as good as the parts that you put on it. 

Very cool that you have the original box, I would keep that, it could add a little value to the whole thing for someone who is an ESP collector.  

adam r.

Awesome!I really don't want to sell it.I just wanna fix it up to play the hell out of it.Thanks for all the info!You would compair it to an american Fender?That's what I was looking for with my posts any info plus how it stacks up to other strats.Thank you!

CLT-ESP

Did you ever put this guitar together? 

ESP 348

Very interesting indeed. Cool box too.

Post to Thread