late 80's esp eclipse * *

Updated
Bradley B.

I got my hands on a late 80's esp eclipse custom back in 1997. (Arch top neck-thru tele, 2 humbuckers, esp licensed Floyd rose, black with cream binding.) :-)

I love this guitar but I don't have much info on it. Anyone know what wood its made from? Its heavy as all hell Lol..

I emailed esp with pictures and serial #'s and they told me they lost all records of the early guitars. All they could tell me is its from the late 80's

Anyway.. any help would be rad! 

Trevor T.

Hi Bradley! I've just managed to get my hands on one of these not long ago. My one is a pearl gold colour. There's not much info about at all. I've done a lot of digging to find what little I have. According to this site it's a mahogany body, maple neck, and ebony fingerboard. I was surprised how heavy they are! It weighs a ton!  Lovely guitar though.

http://www.guitar-list.com/esp/electric-guitars/esp-eclipse-custom-second-version

Bradley B.

That's a great link!! Thank you so much!! 

I agree, rad guitar. I've had mine for like 17 years now...way back when I had a pair of dimarzio evolution pickups in it..even got stolen and I got her back!  Im going to keep it forever. 

Trevor T.

Thought I'd share some photos of mine. It's not the easiest colour to photogragh but it'll give you a good idea. Always wanted one in pearl white but the gold has grown on me! 

Post to Thread