Pickup Replacement for ESP Forest-GT?

Updated
visualrocker69

Hey everyone! I have an Original Series Forest GT and was looking to upgrade the pickups.

I'm kinda leaning towards Bare Knuckle for the bridge (the Alnico version of the Nailbomb was highly recommended to me). Any thoughts on this?

More to the point, I'm completely undecided when it comes to the neck pickup. I really enjoy the rail aesthetic of the hot rail, but was looking for something a little more toneful. Dimarzio Cruiser à la Andy Timmons, perhaps? Joe Barden S pickup? Anyway, I'd greatly appreciate any and all recommendations on this - and you don't have to limit it to rail/blade style pickups!

Here are the specs, in case you're unfamiliar:

BODY   (Top)Swamp Ash
(Back)Mahogany
NECK   Hard Maple 3P
GRIP SHAPE   Thin U
FINGERBOARD   Ebony , 24frets
RADIUS   305R
SCALE   648mm
NUT (width)   Lock Nut(42mm/R2)
FRET   #213
INLAY   MOP Offset Dot
JOINT   Neck-thru-body
TUNER   GOTOH SG360-07
BRIDGE   Floyd Rose
PICKUPS   (Neck)Seymour Duncan SHR-1n
(Bridge)Seymour DUncan TB-4
PARTS COLOR   Black
CONTROL   Master Volume(w/ Coil Sprit SW)
Master Tone
Toggle PU Selector
PRICE   425,000yen (Without TAX)
SET STRING   GS-USA DL (.009-.042)
別売   Hard Case (HC-250FR/GT)
visualrocker69

Anyone?

vipprimo

I doubt anyone will suggest anything to you.  Pick-Ups are so gauged towards the player and what tone they want to even suggest anything would be a long stretch and they would need a lot more information.  

If you're wondering if Bare Knuckle is a good company, one of my best friends is a Berkley trained musician that I have a lot of respect for and he uses Bare Knuckle.  He tends toward classical playing but he's not averse to jamming or grooving and with his ability he can do both.  

I myself am more of an EMG/Seymour Guy although he is trying to talk me into DiMarzio which I may give in at some point.  

Either way, best of luck.

vipprimo

I doubt anyone will suggest anything to you.  Pick-Ups are so gauged towards the player and what tone they want to even suggest anything would be a long stretch and they would need a lot more information.  

If you're wondering if Bare Knuckle is a good company, one of my best friends is a Berkley trained musician that I have a lot of respect for and he uses Bare Knuckle.  He tends toward classical playing but he's not averse to jamming or grooving and with his ability he can do both.  

I myself am more of an EMG/Seymour Guy although he is trying to talk me into DiMarzio which I may give in at some point.  

Either way, best of luck.

LazNovak

What don't you like about the Duncans in there now? What kind of amp are you using?

Samuel J.

nice

Post to Thread