Help to Identify ESP 400 Series Guitar

Updated
Judy J.

I have this older ESP 400 Series guitar and was wondering if anyone can give me more information about when it was made, if there was a name to this model and possible value.  Thanks.

Christian S.
Judy J. wrote:
The ESP 400 Series are very fine Straocaster and Telecaster copies of the middle of the 80´ies and 90´ies years and there was a second line, the 800 Series! The 800-Series got an Ash-body and the 400-Series an Alder-body! But the main thing was in my experience: The quality of the wood! At this time i was playing a Fender American Standard Stratocaster guitar and then , after i tryed the ESP 400 Strat, i was off socks, as i heard this sound and felt the vibrations. The quality and the natural, meaningful strong Tone of my ESP 400 Strat was defeating all the Fender USA Custom Shop Strats i´ve played. Than the 800 Strat in cherry-sunburnst has a tone better than the today Musicman Sihouette. I only can congratulate you for this guitar! Try the overtones (Flageoletts) and the Attack of this 400 Series Strat than you will see, the Chance for a serial produced Fender ist very low und the price for a ESP in this times ( in the 90´ies) was very interesting low and you could get a better guitar than a Fender! Now the used ESP Strats of this former time are very expensive, in some cases the double of the new-prize!!!!!!!!!!! The stock pickups in these esp guitars were ESP SS-120 Vintage pu´s, just the same as Seymour Duncan SSL-1, so they were a little bit more mitty-sounding and not really glasy! I recommend for this 400 Series Strat the Dimarzio Blue (True-) Velvet or the Kloppmann Real 65´- pu´s! This makes you happy! Please tell me, what you will do with this guitar!    Regards from Germany  -  Christian Schreiber

Stephne B.

Hello there,

I also have a ESP 400 Series guitar. It has a Clapton V-neck which I personally really like. Any idea in which year it was made?

Made in Japan or in Korea?

Tq

Mark G.

Hello, I've recently bought this ESP Strat 400 series in Fiesta red and with Fender headstock. All original, in very good condition, sounds fantastic. 

Regards, Mark

Jonathon

Do you sell this? Im collecting ESP models.

Jon | https://www.directics.com

ChrisSmith21

Wow, it looks great! Are you selling it? 

Semaan I.

hi guys im new to the site.i bought an esp 400 series its a white strat going yellow vintage age,has the fender style headstock maple one piece neck serial number 19217 at the neck plate.no date in the neck pocket no date on the body.i wish the site let me upload a picture but im new.anyway it has a maple fretboard tuning keys stamped esp same as the bridge has clothwire pickups 3 single coil black bottom.has a 5 way switch crl just like fender diamond stamp.i tried to email esp no answer yet.i wonder if anyone has any info on it.i think it was a lawsuit strat.any info will be great.

Post to Thread