ESP detectives needed! ESP strat?

Updated
patrick p.

patrick p.

Brought this a few weeks back has ESP custom decal on headstock/ Seymour Duncan at the bridge not sure what the other two are?
really nice feel and tone feels like quality.

would be really nice to I.D?????

Alejandro C.

IMO I don´t think it´s the real deal, it doesn´t have any serial# and the USA decal looks too simple and USA models suposed to be 2014´s :/

Joost

I dont trust it either...

nwright

ESP had US models back in the 80s and 90s but the logo placement and text were different.  This looks like an obvious fake to me.  The headstock is an esp shape though.   Could be an old aftermarket esp neck from the 80s that someone put decals on.  But the body doesnt look like an esp.  And those tuners are super cheap budget tuners.  Even vintage style tuners dont look like those.   Im positive esp would never use tuners like that on a guitar that carried the esp name.

Seb G.

Looks fake to me as well, in everyway. 

Dave R.

That is definately a fake. Logos aren't correct and the tuners are cheap. Headstock shape is off as well.

PePe

It really looks fake... but if those Seymour Duncan are real and it feels good to play... It does´t matters if the guitar is a real ESP

How Much did you pay for that guitar?

patrick p.

I really like it! i found out the the other 2 pick-ups are gfs hot rails I own a made in usa strat and it plays and sounds way better! 

and the action is awsome

paid £200 for it paid a lot more than that for the fender

Post to Thread