see through black sunburst

Updated
see through black sunburst

this eclipse looks fantastic, for 5000 you better hope and pray it stand up next to the new gibson custom r8 and r9's.

RZK

Sure.

Dave R.

No hope and prayer necessary, it's a serious player I assure you. 

Leo Vannucci

I own both an ESP Standard Horizon FR-7 and a Gibson Les Paul Custom. The LP was about 4 grand including taxes while the ESP was about 2200. The ESP is LEAPS forwards in quality, materials, finishing, attention to detail, etc. The ebony board on my Horizon is just amazing, and the whole guitar is perfect.

The Gibson, costs about twice, and in comparison, it feels like a toy... the fretboard is rough, the binding is not great, the finish has orange-peel spots in some areas. If the ESP Standard is that much better, I guess the ESP Original series should be even better.

Death Magnetic

Maybe they finally priced them accordingly then.

richlite sucks. and yes my esp standard that I had stood up to a gibson custom, but the gibson was still punchier, better looking and a little more solid. for the price, the esp won, obviously. but still. i'm all about these new esp usa's and originals if they crush the gibson custom shop. i hope they do.

Joost

ESP's build quality is amazing. Gibson build quaility is far from amazing. So go for ESP :D

Death Magnetic

GIbson customs are the best. standards do suck. and way overpriced.

Joost

ESP originals are custom made so you bettah believe they worth it!! :P

Death Magnetic

custom made? who says

6-String

The Originals are production models built in the Custom Shop by the same employees that build the customs and they pick the wood from the same stack of wood used to build the customs.

Death Magnetic

What about the USA series?

load more replies (1 of 1)
Post to Thread