How to safely move my piano?

Updated
How to safely move my piano?

Hello musicians! I need some advice about moving my piano from my current residence to my new home. I live in Alberta, Canada. I'm a little nervous about transporting such a delicate and heavy instrument and not sure where to start. How to safely move my piano? Are there any special precautions I should take to protect it during the move?

Jack J.

Your post really made me think.

Jack J.

It's always great to read something that challenges my assumptions and forces me to consider new perspectives.

Flexible Arts

I moved from Toronto to London a month ago and was worried about transporting my piano. It was a long move, and I wasn't sure how to handle it. I found great advice on https://threemovers.com/international-piano-movers-guide/ which helped a lot. They stressed choosing a mover with experience in international piano moves and ensuring they use quality crates and climate control for shipping. I learned to plan ahead, communicate clearly with the movers, consider extra insurance, and check the import rules of the destination. This guidance made the move smoother and kept my piano safe.

Post to Thread