ESP LTD B-205 9 Volt Battery

Updated
Nick C.

Does the ESP LTD B-205 play without the 9-volt battery?  I purchased the ESP LTD B-205 bass guitar used and it will not play through my amp without the 9-Volt Battery.  Is this how it is designed even though the pickups are passive?

Nick C.

Also, should I be able to play the bass with the pickups totally independent?  One totally turned down and the other up.  Example: Play with just the neck pickup and then the reverse, just the bridge pickup?  When I turn the knob, which I think controls the neck pickup, completely down I can't hear anything from just the bridge pickup even with what I think is the bridge pickup knob turned all the way up?   

metalhobo

the active EQ is always engaged which means it needs power (9 V) to function. you wouldn't be able to achieve sound without battery unless you installed a bypass switch for the active EQ, which I do not recommend.

the top two controls of your bass are NOT neck pickup volume/bridge pickup volume, they are master volume and balance. see page 10 of the manual (page 7 of the PDF: http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/esp/site_assets/000/000/436/original.pdf). if you wish to play with the neck pickup only vs. the bridge pickup only, leave the master volume turned up and adjust the balance fully to one direction or the other.

Nick C.

Great, thank you very much for the replies.  I did figure out the knobs after my post.  All good now. 

Don D.

How long will the battery last?  Would this have one of those "slow drain" circuits?  I'd hate to be on a gig and have the guitar cut out on me.

Post to Thread