Kudos to the old members.

Updated
Kudos to the old members.

Chilling having a bottle of wine, watching some Metallica vids and gearing up for the European tour dates I have tickets for, and it got me thinking…. ESP Forum, the old days.  

So I took a quick browse.

Kudos to the old members for sticking with the site after "The change."  From having a quick browse, ye are still the backbone of the community, so just wanted to give respect where respect is due.  

ESP 348

Thanks man, appreciate it.

Trendkill

That car still gathering dust in the garage? 

metalhobo

i'm glad my technical acumen is finally recognized

Pushead

I'm just here for the chicks.

Trendkill

Ms. Road King is still playing hard to get? 

Road King
Trendkill wrote:

Hey Dr. Tongue! Back 5 minutes and already viciously attacking me? 

Trendkill
Road King wrote:

Hey Dr. Tongue! Back 5 minutes and already viciously attacking me? 

Ya know man, seriously, there are only a few people I reminisce fondly about here and the interactions that went on, and every now and then I think about you, and hope all is going well for you.

Did you ever get back with your boyfriend?  I remember you were a bit uncomfortable with the change, but, sure, it's 2019!  World is a lot different since 2008! 

Just kidding man.  Seriously though.  I miss all the old heads and the fun and blowing off steam.  So I really hope all has went well for everyone that used to be on the old forum.  Some of ye are probably grandparents at this stage!  

pilot996

Dave R.

Old members:

Pushead
Pilot
Metalhobo
Tattooed Carrot
Legato Potato
Ozzfun
Pink Maggot
Luna Sea
BC Shredder
Jedmonds
Soulfly
Van Kroll
Sean EXP
Amo
oMeSSiaHo
XY Satan
SYL
Dark Alone
Punkrock Poet
Dream Theater
Happy Noodle Boy (old old)
Road King (amongst many other names)
Raptor Jesus (amongst many other names)
Kutje
Gaijin

List goes on...

Pushead

Woah, there are a lot of names there that are a throwback. There goes MOD making me feel old.

Road King

Cool list. Let's keep this going:

Acefox

Bmusic

Boogie

Carlino guitars

ChrisRocksUSA

ESP Playboy

Guitar Guy #2 (One tribute band)

Losing Reality

Lucky13

Metlupass2

Nespr0 (loser of the epic luthier build off)

Pharaoh

RRRCustom

Scott (I think this was the Euro dude with more gear than talent)

SixStringHotShot

Spoonyluv

Unreal Explorer

Zao and his wife lol

Hey Mod, what other names did I have besides GG81? 

metalhobo

i always read that metlupass2 guy as "metal you pass!"

btw the lack of serious business in the forum is directly correlated to the fact that I now own more jackson/charvels than esp/ltds.

Road King

I only own one ESP now, but want to get a USA model. I was just trying out the purple Charvel USA and white Adrian Smith models recently. The Floyds were not recessed though and I dislike Dimarzios. Wish they'd just put a Floyd on Fenders. 

Metlupass2

It was an old AOL instant messenger name I came up with in like 1999 

metalhobo

that psycho skin n bones

that mexican dr. west

corrigan the irate physicist

Gfunk
Dave R. wrote:

Old members:

Pushead
Pilot
Metalhobo
Tattooed Carrot
Legato Potato
Ozzfun
Pink Maggot
Luna Sea
BC Shredder
Jedmonds
Soulfly
Van Kroll
Sean EXP
Amo
oMeSSiaHo
XY Satan
SYL
Dark Alone
Punkrock Poet
Dream Theater
Happy Noodle Boy (old old)
Road King (amongst many other names)
Raptor Jesus (amongst many other names)
Kutje
Gaijin

List goes on...

Dave R.

Sorry funk, was think more 'innactive' 

Dave R.
Road King wrote:

Good pulls, RK. "AceFox" .

There are so many I glossed over obviously. Weren't you originally Guitar Guy EMG81? Plus all the other names when we were going through our little rough patch. Still have the Kelly Hayes ESP?

BigSillyGoose
BroKV
IcedEarth
Frayed Knot
Snorre
Droon
Rolly J
Jiboom
Fordman
The dude who sent out the 'Serious Business' picks, he self-destructed

Trendkill

Is Leftfield still posting? (Can't recall his username)  Other than Road King's antics, I've always missed the Leftfield posts!   Who was it that nicknamed his Leftfield? 

Pushead

I own significantly more ESPs than I did during the prime Serious Business days, but I doubt there's any relation to the state of business affairs in the forum. (though less time making ridiculous 'shops means more time surfing ebay...)

There is a group on the bookface for some of the respectable members, but there's not a lot of action there.

Other members:
Wildweasel
Evileye Virtue
Jet66
Dr.West
Ham Sandwich
Riffmaster Mike

Trendkill

Shame about FB…. that's like 00's.  Someone want to set up a reddit page?  xD  Need to reactivate my PTSD from the old days!   reddit.com/r/espseriousbusiness or similar

Nathan S.
Pushead wrote:

I own significantly more ESPs than I did during the prime Serious Business days, but I doubt there's any relation to the state of business affairs in the forum. (though less time making ridiculous 'shops means more time surfing ebay...)

There is a group on the bookface for some of the respectable members, but there's not a lot of action there.

Other members:
Wildweasel
Evileye Virtue
Jet66
Dr.West
Ham Sandwich
Riffmaster Mike

"Respectable Members" didn't know there were any on here 

Road King
Dave R. wrote:

Good pulls, RK. "AceFox" .

There are so many I glossed over obviously. Weren't you originally Guitar Guy EMG81? Plus all the other names when we were going through our little rough patch. Still have the Kelly Hayes ESP?

No KH, I went the way of most dudes 30+ and traded my metal guitars for pretty maple tops. I even started using passive pickups.  My one ESP is a Potbelly and I plan to get a USA model soon.

Post to Thread