80s tele

Updated
80s tele

Need help with this one. Not even ESP techs can answer. Before everyone comments that its the late 80s " the eclipse custom" I know that but there is more to it.

Here is the issue no one can seem to answer. Mine does not have the eclipse custom logo on the head stock. It also has the serial number stamped at the 24th. Every single on i have seen over the last 25 years ( rare, ive only seen about 5 of them) all have "The eclipse custom" or "custom" on the head stock ( even izzys white one in sweet child video) and they all have serial numbers on the back of the head stock. I got this in 1991 (3rd owner) and the 2nd owner said the guy he got from had "some kind of deal"with ESP and had like 4 or 5 different models and he had it for about 5 years. So im looking somewhere around mid 80s.

Ive pulled the pickups ( emgs not original) and nothing under them. All i have to go on is the serial 461 and the lack of the eclipse custom logo.. ESP says possible pre-production model, maybe a 48th or a semi custom or custom order. Im leaning towards a pre production base on 3 digit serial, lack of the model name and the fact that everyone after has the model name and serial number on the headstock.

If anyone can provide any info it would be great

Gfunk

Its a late 80s "the eclipse custom".

Post to Thread