What happened to Chris Connella?

Updated
What happened to Chris Connella?

After watching the ESP videos for the Winter NAMM expo I noticed something was different- different in terms of a missing person I've seen in countless videos showcasing new guitars, Chris Connella. I see he now works for Dean since December of last year. What happened, did he outgrow his position with ESP, was there some kind of fallout with the company or artists, perhaps Dave Mustaine conscripted him for Dean? I'm just curious considering he was a familiar face here and haven't seen his mug on any new videos as of late or on the backs of any milk cartons for that matter.

If it's any consideration, I never thought he was a bad guy and actually thought he was very knowledgeable when it came to the in's-and-out's of all things ESP.......and tattoos. Anyway, anyone know why he left? Was it the transition of the LTD model numbers to the truss rod plate from the 12th fret that made him leave? 

Bryan

He was with EVH/Fender/Jackson before ESP. Seems like he's making his rounds of the major manufacturers.

Seems like a cool guy in the demo videos and very knowledgeable.

And it's Chris Cannella, not Connella.....

https://www.thatsmygig.com/blog/chris-cannella-interview/

Funny thing is this quote....

"I always say now, if I were to ever leave ESP for any reason... I wouldn’t work for another electric guitar company."

Whoops.... lol

Stacy W.

Where did you see him say that?  I am about to interview him and would love to bring this up lol

Cogan C.

Thanks for the info Bryan, yeah I'm bad with names but not on purpose. I'm better with descriptions- "ESP spokesman guy who's bald with tattoos."

Anyway, I found it strange that he was no longer part of the family and was curious as to what the reasons were why he left. Now after realizing he's been through nearly the entire gamut of guitar companies in the US with the exception of several others, I'm thinking this was by design. I'm curious to know if he was fired or he left on his own to pursue other interests? I have no idea why I would care, other than not seeing him in ESP videos, especially those from NAMM.

After reading that quote, I wonder if in a year or two we'll read, "Yeah, Ibanez is the company for metal and I'm proud to be a part of the family!" Or, "Now that I'm part of the Gibson cast, things will turn around! No need for bankruptcy with this team!" 

Bryan

Hahaha!! That would be awesome!

Like I said, I like him. His demo videos are informative.

Cogan C.

I agree, I liked his videos as they showcased the instruments with good overviews- woods and hardware. In a lot of them he even played them so you could get a sense of the sound they produced. I wonder if the new Artist Relations guy Tony Rauser will do the same thing?

Metaddict

And now he is with Dean Guitars

Pushead

He's never learned how to pronounce piezo.

ARLO a.

Nice post.

Post to Thread