Weird LTD logo on my ec 1000 DELUXE stbc

Updated
Weird LTD logo on my ec 1000 DELUXE stbc

my ec 1000 DELUXE stbc is a little different I noticed...  it's real heavy for one... headstock logo looks like child's writing....  I've looked all over for answers... none...   also some of the standard markings on the back othe the headstock are missing (esp and rohs stamp)  and last but not least...  the truss rod cover has "ESP" on it in white...  oh one more thing... according to my research...  LTD started the Deluxe line in 2003....  my serial number is "Korea W0216689" and from what I read from how to read LTD's serial numbers...  mine is from 2002...  which doesn't make sense...  can someone plz help explain this to me...

Road King

Pics would help.

Pushead

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/084/ESP-2000-Catalog.pdf?1392144605

If you look at one of the older catalogs (link is to 2000), you can see LTD had a scribble-style script logo on the Vipers and F series guitars.

In that era, there wasn't a ROHS stamp, and my old LTD MH-301 from that era had no ESP marking on the back of the headstock either.  A black truss rod cover with a white ESP logo was common for that era.

Harley O.

I can't seem to post pics....  I've tried for two days...  I'm pretty frustrated...  but I think I'm describing things pretty clearly if you know anything about LTD's....

Pushead

Here's the photo in his avatar. Everything about this is logo and truss rod cover legit from the era.

Perhaps you have one of the earliest EC-1000s.  Certainly no one would fake that much abalone purfling.

You don't need to wrap the string around the tuner with Sperzels. You can just run it through, lock it and tune it.

Chad H.

Do you know any additional information on these? I just saw one that looked exactly like this for sale and was wondering if there is any additional information. I definitely don’t need another guitar but…. Lol I appreciate any insight. Thank you 

RZK

I have a newer one. I want one like yours. It would be more authentic to my collection. Interested in trading?

Harley O.

I'm going to keep it for sure!!!  I just want to know how special she is...   I think I'm going to contact esp and see what they say about the serial number...  or if anyone knows plz inform me!!

Chad H.

Did you ever get word from ESP? I recently saw one exactly like this in the wild but this post was the only thing I could find on it. Hoping to find more information. Thank you 

Pushead

Serial number should be from 2002, though I had one that I figured to be an 03 that had a serial number starting U09. It certainly wasn't a 2009 guitar, I'd owned it several years before then.

Harley O.

How do I go about finding info??  Any help is appreciated??  Any ideas on what it's worth??

Road King

How do I go about finding info??  Any help is appreciated??  Any ideas on what it's worth??

Check to see what they sold for on eBay and reverb. Looks like $300 to $450.

Harley O.

I doubt it's worth that little if it's one of the first...

Harley O.

A new one goes for $1200 ish

Pushead

With this type of guitar (a regular production guitar), that's only fun trivia about the guitar. It doesn't make it worth more.  Especially when dozens of others are available in the same finish.

You can get used ESP versions for $1200.

Harley O.

Your right...  the price don't matter!!  Lol.  I just like having something special....  and I'd like to know the history of things...  lol. And this LTD has me curious now more than ever...   lol. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP ON HERE!!!  

Harley O.

Harley O.

Finally was able to figure out how to post pics...  lol

Post to Thread