New Invisible Guitar Day!

Updated
New Invisible Guitar Day!

Where did it go?

frantic77

Great!congrats!

Pushead

That's an awesome vacation to the desert you took!  I especially like that last photo of where the desert meets the edge of the forest.

Road King

Desert and forest, a forbidden romance. Just the tips.

Guiguitarz

Very Cool RK ! I like the Camo/satin finish, congrats ! Is this a custom paint on a STD Series ?

Road King

Very Cool RK ! I like the Camo/satin finish, congrats ! Is this a custom paint on a STD Series ?

Yes, custom paint ordered by the dealer. I believe a dealer has to order a batch of like 10 or more to change the finish on a SS or E-II. I guess this one was a new/old stock. I had to grab it as soon as I discovered it.

RZK

Very nice!! I thought you were going more for something like this, though:

I thought the same thing!
A kiss air guitar for the air guitar strings.

Big Daddy B

I don't see any guitars, just 2 necks and a headstock  

slab

fookin tits, mate!

Breadfan32

Sweet!

Road King

Thanks, guys. I've been playing it a lot and ESP really polished the ebony board to such a smooth feel. I wonder why ESP decided on rosewood for the newer urban camo? Major bummer. Oh, and the black nickel hardware actually looks great on the guitar in person. Probably going to put a 57/66 set in. \m/

BroKV

Love camo, all kinds

Nice guitar dude

Big Daddy B

Thanks, guys. I've been playing it a lot and ESP really polished the ebony board to such a smooth feel. I wonder why ESP decided on rosewood for the newer urban camo? Major bummer. Oh, and the black nickel hardware actually looks great on the guitar in person. Probably going to put a 57/66 set in. \m/

report back if you find the 57/66 any noisier than other EMGs. the set I have are and had to monkey around with it for a while to make them tolerable. haven't been able to isolate the cause though. 

Road King

report back if you find the 57/66 any noisier than other EMGs. the set I have are and had to monkey around with it for a while to make them tolerable. haven't been able to isolate the cause though. 

Maybe it's the pole pieces? I've had a set in one of my guitars for a couple years now. I haven't noticed them to be noisy, but then again I only play at home.

Big Daddy B

I don't know I tried everything, changing the pots, the buss, I even sent them back to EMG for testing. They couldn't replicate the issue so it could be something guitar specific. I didn't have any spare emgs to plug into the guitar and see. When I reinstalled after coming back from EMG, the level of noise was lower to the point I could now live with it, but it is clearly noticeable vs my others. 

Road King

I don't know I tried everything, changing the pots, the buss, I even sent them back to EMG for testing. They couldn't replicate the issue so it could be something guitar specific. I didn't have any spare emgs to plug into the guitar and see. When I reinstalled after coming back from EMG, the level of noise was lower to the point I could now live with it, but it is clearly noticeable vs my others. 

Maybe you got lemons. Well I always wire my EMGs for 18V, not sure if that makes a difference for the noise. Might I recommend an EMG 85/60A set? 

Big Daddy B

Maybe you got lemons. 

I thought about that but EMG tested them and said no they were lemonade already. Like I said, they are serviceable now but if it gets worse, would probably drop in an 81/60 set. If I get another LP, I am thinking about doing 81/58. No one ever talks about the 58. I understand it to be alnico, p-90 like.

Post to Thread