Anyone know what type of guitar this is?

Updated
Anyone know what type of guitar this is?

So my Uncle who bought a piece of property is gonna have to tear down this old house which belonged to a hoarder. Well he's found tons of things, Old comics, Old books, some really old playboy mags , and last, but not least some really old guitars. He found a couple of acoustics, He said one of them was so old the back fell off of it. He also found this very old electric my guess is that it could be from the late 40's to the early 60's. I think we can all assume this is no 1959 Gibson or something like that, but we're both assuming either a Kay or Silvertone from JC Penny's or a Handmade guitar. Or possibly a knockoff Gibson? Whatever it is were just wondering what exactly this thing is... Pushead, do you think you can tell?

Pushead

It appears to be an electric guitar.

Probably a Kay or Silvertone or somesuch.  I don't know much about those catalog guitars from that era.  Certainly after the 40's.  Probably in the 60s.

Skilletfan

Hey Pushead! Thanks for helping me, I actually just listed this baby on Ebay, and as soon as I listed it on, about oh, 10 minutes later I come back to check if I had everything listed correctly and it has 3 watchers and I have it on there for $250.00 + $27.13 shipping. I'm just wondering should I list it on there for more? Am I letting it go cheap? My Uncle told if me I could sell it, we could split it in half, so if I can get more, I'll take it.

Skilletfan

I decided to take it off for the time being, and two people actually contacted me and told me I had a Supro Super! and that it is worth more than I had it on there for, much more! It seems to be a real gem to guitar collectors. Look it up on reverb...

Road King

Interesting find. I'd open up the electronics to look for clues. A cleaning and new strings would probably help fetch more money.

Skilletfan

What should I clean it with?

Skilletfan

What should I clean it with?

Nathan S.

Holy frejolees those upper frets are way down deep into the body!! Guys with short fingers like me would never get into that upper register on that thing!!

Skilletfan

Haha yeah, it's definitely different...

Stonecat

Whatever became of this guitar? 

Skilletfan

Sold it. Got quite a bit out of it actually. Enough to get me an open box ESP LTD EC-256

Pushead

He had a similar thread posted on another forum I visit (The Gear Page, probably) and they figured it was some sort of catalog guitar that was reasonably rare. I think he sold the guitar to someone in the $6-800 range.

edit - he actually posted. It was a Supro Super.

Post to Thread