Tips on my sucky sweep picking?

Updated
Tips on my sucky sweep picking?

So I started to want to tackle sweep picking on July 28th of this year, well after watching quite a few videos I decided to work with the A minor arpeggio (I think) I'm a self taught player because there's no where to learn where I live. So some feedback would be nice. Criticism is very welcome, heck slam me if you want to. I dropped a link to an unlisted video on youtube. Its really short. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPsPkGl9_lo

Pushead

Video looks pretty good for what it is.

I'm not exactly a sweep guy, but I can do it when called for.  Consider keeping your pick at more of an angle (so the pick doesn't strike the string while it's parallel) which will help the pick move across the strings a bit easier.  If that's what you've been practicing, consider working it back down the arpeggio (back toward the A string).

As with any practice advice I give:

Try with a metronome.

Practice slowly and build speed.

While working slowly, make sure you play the notes "perfectly."

Play without gain/distortion.  If you can't play the riff/progression and make it sound right with a clean sound, you can't actually play the riff/progression.  Don't let distortion cover sloppy playing (that's my job.)

Metql

Type up How to sweep Arpeggios with Chriz Zoupa that should help you out

Brian

Listen to Push, he knows what's up.

Road King

Just keep practicing. Took me about a year to sweep properly. You are doing very well so far.

Skilletfan

Thanks for all the tips and replies guys! I'll definitely put it all to use!

Pushead

You seem to be in a good place.  Just keep practicing.  There are hundreds of vids on YouTube about sweeping (and economy picking) to check out.  Watch a few and see which ones make sense to you,

Post to Thread