Is this esp fake

Updated
Is this esp fake

So I just bought a ESP LTD MH-301 off of Sam Ash's Reverbe account and I just wanna make sure I didnt get

ripped off. Also this is the serial number R0310

jt76

cannot see the serial number from the pictures but it looks fine.   

Skilletfan

Oh sorry about that I'll tell you the serial number. The srial number is R0310517

Skilletfan

So you don't think it's a fake? I asked them and they said they inspect the gear and said they don't take fakes in. 

jt76

Sam Ash is pretty honest about their gear, however its always possible they could make a mistake when buying something in.

I have seen some fakes that look very close. there is very little reason someone would make a fake copy of this guitar and also everything I can see looks correct.

I think you are fine.

Pushead

It's legit,

Skilletfan

Thanks for the info! This is my first actually decent guitar, not some chinese crap. Got it for 198.00 so that's what kinda had me worried.

slab

Has anyone ever seen a fake Ltd?

Skilletfan

Not sure, just wanted to make sure it was legit since only costed me $198.00.

jt76
slab wrote:

Has anyone ever seen a fake Ltd?

I had thought it did not make sense, if you are going to make fake why not make it say ESP.  

I have seen fake LTD's,  maybe the seller thinks they are more likely to get away with it if they don't overshoot.

also they are morelikely to find someone who is looking for a bargain 

Skilletfan

I actually did get it for a great price! $200.00 so that's what made me think that it might be fake, but pushead said it was legit so I guess it is.

Edgar B.

Bro i have the same situation, i bougth a ltd but im not sure what model it is ? 
http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963220/posts/2160214-what-is-this-guitar 

what you think?

Jeff N.

Hey wondering if this LTD is FAKE? I

It does not have a model number seller did not know what it was. It just has ESP on the 12th fret, 3 piece neck through construction has shrunk noticeable transition, fret sprout where this is, binding looks blotchy or older, maybe it was B stock this area,tuning pegs no name brand was missing a screw, bridge has no name brand feels cheap no allen screws to tighten to post, headstock looks odd with arch on bottom, EMGs are passives, maybe not stock pickups because cut outs for pickups look rough, EMG extra wires red/white electrical taped together pots look cheap and some fret buzz.

Do you know what it is ? 

Jeff N.

metalhobo

lol @that headstock

Jeff N.

Yes i guess i was looking for confirmation from an expert on these LTD guitars which i am not. When he posted photos to sell it they were in a dark room and blurry, confirming he most likely knew it was a fake! I read forums that stated older LTDs just had an ESP on the 12th fret so i presumed it was an older one, also has the made in Korea W-serial number was primary misleading thing that made me think it was real. i made the mistake of buying the guitar in a parking lot lured by the $200 price for a like new 7 string neck through. Met him on an overcast, cold, snowy, windy day it was hard to see, focus, relax inspect, try or test hear the guitar. When i got home i noticed all the abnormal oddities remembered i saw they were making fake Gibsons then found this site realized they also make fake LTDs. So at least i did not pay a lot for this Chi-TD! But most likely stuck with it because i wont sell it as a real ltd

Post to Thread