The Couch ? The BEST way to take a guitar collection picture

Updated
The Couch ? The BEST way to take a guitar collection picture

Hey friends,

It's been a long since I'm here now, and I've discussed with lot of passionates here, with beautiful colllections, and I came back with the same problem/question : What is the best way to take a guitar collection in picture ? 

Of course we've got THE COUCH  our best friend for a group photo ! But, our guitars deserve more than a couch, don't you think ?! 

We've got walls, pool table, racks, outside, ... but nothing unique for a family portrait ...

Feel free to share any idea concerning taking picture of 10+ guitars in the same frame, with style  

Cheers !

G.

Big Daddy B
jt76 wrote:

not ESPs but one of the better outside group shots I have gotten  

ever play Tom Andersons?

jt76

Haven't come across any Andersons in years, an independent shop near me used to carry them, I played some many years ago and remember i liked them,  But at that point in time I did not have the budget for such things.  The independent shop closed down due the big box guys.  Over the past 2 or 3 years I have been hoping one would float by in my local market, but I have not seen any.   

Big Daddy B
jt76 wrote:

Haven't come across any Andersons in years, an independent shop near me used to carry them, I played some many years ago and remember i liked them,  But at that point in time I did not have the budget for such things.  The independent shop closed down due the big box guys.  Over the past 2 or 3 years I have been hoping one would float by in my local market, but I have not seen any.   

What model(s) do you like? I have owned 6 of them over the years. Still have a 1988 Pro Am. I travel in Anderson circles occassionally so I can keep an eye open.

jt76

I feel the same way -  the color spec is called Bahama Blue Burst - I bought it based on specs and these pictures. 

I had it shipped to me, so I was not certain if it would look like that in person. It looks just like the photos.

Pushead

With no offense meant toward you or your guitars, JT, I'd prefer to have what's in Gfunk's photo.

jt76

no offense taken, however if I started collecting those, misses T would not be so happy.

Pushead

Good point.

Guiguitarz

Ended up with individual views assembled  : 

Pushead

Needs more couch.

ESP 348

Looks good G! I might do something like this myself for when I take pics of all mine.

Because I definitely won't have enough room on my couch for 12 guitars. lol.

SteelEdge

Pushead

Nice collection, but why did you blur the background and floor?

Guiguitarz

To get the guitars more focused, it's smart. You don't need to have the details from the floor neither from the couches...

SteelEdge
Guiguitarz wrote:

To get the guitars more focused, it's smart. You don't need to have the details from the floor neither from the couches...

That's it!

Guitars attract attention and don't get lost in the background details.

I have to shot a new pic, lot of changes in my collection...plus the Iron Cross was not in that pic, and I LOVE that guitar.

Pushead

Um, okay.  I guess.  Not exactly what I'd go for, but I don't always understand the mind of every artist. 

Perhaps try a lens blur instead of a horizontal gausean, next time.  It will give the concept of depth in the photo without keeping all of the detail.  Or pulling the couches further from the back wall and get some blur from the depth of field, if that's what you're going for.

Guiguitarz

So ... Go ahead Push  we're waiting for your frame.

Pushead

This also is old, there's another Eclipse to add to the shot.

Pushead

This would have gotten a laugh before they took all the fun out of this board.

themisfit138

Us old farts on here enjoyed it, but it is not as good as the picture with all the different color flames on the JH-1. That one pissed some people off.

Pushead

Nathan S.

Apparently their is a story to these pics I am missing??

Pushead
Nathan S. wrote:

Apparently their is a story to these pics I am missing??

The blurry photo was a response to SteelEdge's photo.  The V's was the culmination of a (very old) thread where a newcomer to the forum asked if there was a production JH-1 in the green flames.  Fun with Photoshop was had, and even the OP of that thread had a good time.

http://www.espguitars.com/forums/1963222/posts/2019934-jh-1-in-mint-condish-or-close

Not quite as good without all of the photos and a few missing comments from people who never re-registered with the forum change, but you get the idea.

Guiguitarz

You've done this Pus :

Why didn't you come up with this one, or a updated one Pus ?

The one with the V's is just magic 

Travis L.

Nowhere near as badass as everyone elses family photos but heres a good o'l floor shot.  

Nathan S.

Black guitars matter

Shockers

Couch?

or bed?

ESP 348

Both!

Very cool, thanks for the pics man.

ESP 348

Black guitars are awesome Travis!! I wish all of my KH guitars were black.

Bloody white Ouija, KH-SE and the shitty KH-DC should all be black.

Travis L.
ESP 348 wrote:

Black guitars are awesome Travis!! I wish all of my KH guitars were black.

Bloody white Ouija, KH-SE and the shitty KH-DC should all be black.

Hell yeah bro! Can't go wrong with all black! Classy if you ask me. 

ESP 348

Yep, yep!

Post to Thread