The Couch ? The BEST way to take a guitar collection picture

Updated
The Couch ? The BEST way to take a guitar collection picture

Hey friends,

It's been a long since I'm here now, and I've discussed with lot of passionates here, with beautiful colllections, and I came back with the same problem/question : What is the best way to take a guitar collection in picture ? 

Of course we've got THE COUCH  our best friend for a group photo ! But, our guitars deserve more than a couch, don't you think ?! 

We've got walls, pool table, racks, outside, ... but nothing unique for a family portrait ...

Feel free to share any idea concerning taking picture of 10+ guitars in the same frame, with style  

Cheers !

G.

jt76

move some furniture and lay them on the floor, and get on a ladder or tall step stool,  if you have an open room that you can see from your stairs or a loft even better. 

This was as many as I could pull out and get in the picture and put back away while my wife was out shopping one day, it is about 90% of my esp ltd collection. 

Guiguitarz

Nice !

I had the idea on the grass outside, and I was standing on a ladder, but I wasn't satisfied about the result (I'll try to find the pic later to show you...)

Thanks for sharing !

load more replies (1 of 1)
Pushead

It depends on the size of the collection.

Travis L.

Go for that Carpenter shot. Nothing beats a pile of guitars on you haha

ESP 348

I am not sure I can fit my 12x guitars on the couch when I take an updated pic of the collection.

Might have to take two lots of pictures of the collection and then post those pics up.

ESP 348

Some pretty awesome ideas here, love seeing those pics of the proffessionals and their collections.

Pushead

It's an older pic, but it was taken in a 10'x10' room.  18mm, cropped sensor lens.  I have a 14mm on a full frame now, which would do a better job.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Nice collection dude. 

Gfunk

I would have thought Bonermassa would have had moar Vees.

Pushead

I think it's an old photo of Joe B.  I suspect he'd need a bigger stage, now.

ESP 348

Mad collection Pus!

Gfunk
ESP 348 wrote:

Mad collection Pus!

+1

Throw up some pics the FT EC.

Mucho Thanko.

Pushead

FT Eclipse has left the nest.  It's currently on-tour in Europe with Norma Jean.

I replaced it with this STBlack Eclipse (well a bunch of Eclipses, really.)

Gfunk

No kidding?  I wouldn't have thunk it.  Hopefully rock star boi will keep the headstock on that one. 

Me likey the replacement.  Beauty!

NRudy

very nice ideas and collections if u have children best to be careful with the couch even if no1 is home they get everything on the couch and u want clean guitars!

this was the best i could do in a king size bed... but if u have nice hard wood floors and a understanding wife- --- well make sure your wife is out of the house and move all the furniture and take a photo un a stepstool and if the lighting is right u can get it done it depends on the collection. this is some of my esp kirk hammett guitars only 13 i think of the 18 of his i could fit in the frame. i was going to do guitar stands as i have 15 but id have to move everything and schools out and my wife wants to kill me, these are the kirk hammett ESP guitars again i have 4 dif models and some doubles and triples of models this is what i could fit. all kirk hammett esp guitars new.

1 james hetfield  all esp not ltd. and the khdc in stblk has the pickguard removed.

Shockers

Oh

My

Gawd.....

WOW!!

themisfit138

Is that a Gibson Hammett V in the center? How are they? I have been thinking about getting one. 

NRudy

Yes it's awesome Gibson did a great job at recreating hand aged kirks Flying V 79 original V

very awesome gtr!

NRudy

@shockers u wouldn't be mocking me lol would u ?

Shockers

Hell no!!  That is seriously impressive!!! 
So much want in a single pic!

Pushead

No lemon drop, but there's a white one in the bunch now, too.

Post to Thread