Strings

Updated
Strings

It so many strings to choose form and a lot of brand names I have never heard of here in the stats. What is everyone 's favorite for metal/clean? Need some advice  thanks

John L.

D'Addario XL, main guitar has EXL 110-7.

tx-ogre

I have used most brands over the years (Gibson, DR, GHS Boomers. Ernie Ball, Dean Markley, etc.), but settled in with D'Addario about 10 years ago.  EXL110 for my 6 string guitars, EXL110-7 for my 7 string and EXL165 for my basses.  I also have a few packs of EXL110W (wound .18 gauge G string) that I'm going to check out on a guitar or two in the near future to see how they work out.

Nathan S.

I use Ernie Ball super slinky's. Couldn't tell ya why, it's just what I've always bought since I started playing and have never changed.

Travis L.

Whats up GRIM! I use Ernie ball! 

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

I got 2 sets of Ernie Ball, but the dude told me I would not go wrong with D'Addario, so I'm going to get one set of that as well I think. Can't wait to buy a guitar so I can try it out

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Blue Steel is the one I normally use so it's just going to be fun trying something new 

Gfunk

I use Dads as well.

Stonecat

I use Ernie Ball super slinkys 9-42 on my Maverick and Ernie Ball regular slinkys 10-46 on my Eclipse II. I've used these strings for decades. I've changed guitars over the years but I never switched strings. As a side note I use Rotosound 66 Swing Bass 45-105 strings on all my basses and have for years.

Synix

Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys 9-46 are my go to strings. Been meaning to try a set of their cobalt strings at some point.

Breadfan32

Ernie Ball Cobalts.  

Metaddict

Dunlop 11-50 for Eb Tuning.

ESP 348

Just bought some Elixir Nanoweb 10-46 strings today to try out.

Guiguitarz

I just received my Custom Stringjoy strings, 3 different sets, I need to test them soon and I'll tell you how it feels and sounds.

Details of the trhee sets, for Eb, Eb (Gibson LPC) and E :

Stringjoy HSK10 Husky 10s
Light Nickel Electric Guitar Strings
String 1: .010
String 2: .0135
String 3: .017
String 4: .028
String 5: .036
String 6: .046

Stringjoy HSK95 Husky 9.5s
Super Light Plus Nickel Electric Guitar Strings
String 1: .0095