Old Luthier Poster On Here, Checking Back In!

Updated
Old Luthier Poster On Here, Checking Back In!

How has everyone been? Been a long time since I was on here. I hope everyone is doing well. Still up and doing my own guitars. Yeah I know who cares just show us what youre up to. Here you go. 

Here's some of my old and current stuff going on. I do all the work except for the CNC'g of my fretboards, even wind my own pickups. Wire the guitars with 99.9% pure silver wire (Best conductor of electricity). Shield all the cavities with copper tape. Spray all my own finishes, luminlay side dots, try to make them as high quality as I can but keep the prices reasonable. 

Here is the newest model I created that I'm prototyping. 

And here is a build I did for some no name guy.

Road King

Learn to build guitars like the pros, the Nespr0s!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGxiWOHJZsAD5UPo0dnmtg

I wonder if he got Alter Bridge's permission to use their music for his guitar building business vids.

From the Tremonti vid:

"Finish - Dupont 2K clear, neck left in satin sealer. Distressed and relic'd finish, custom done by myself, holes drilled in wrong spots, headstock chiseled to look damaged, wear patterns placed all over guitar. Wanted the theme to reflect the blackbird graphic and symbolism, damaged and worn but still going strong through all adversity."

Are all of your guitars blackbirds? You know, flaws where they shouldn't be?

To OP's credit, the Blackbird guitar does seem playable, but then again it is Tremonti in the driver's seat.

I also like how he brags about using silver to wrap the pickups. Like any of us have robot ears to hear a difference.

JEguitars wrote:

So architects can't show off their work since they didn't build it? Merely designed it?

You can't use this defense since architects only design and oversee the building of their stuff. You are building. Everyone knows that an architect didn't build his design since it takes like 100 people to make a skyscraper. But it only takes one person to build a guitar, and you are not stating anywhere on your business pages that you didn't build that V. Also, you didn't get permission from Rob to use his build. Like Obama says, You didn't build that!

RZK
JEguitars wrote:
 there is no gap in that guitar. 

Then what do you call that absence of material between the two pieces of wood comprising the body of that guitar?

JEguitars
RZK wrote:
 there is no gap in that guitar. 

Then what do you call that absence of material between the two pieces of wood comprising the body of that guitar?

Non existant 

Pushead

Pics or it's holier than swiss cheese.

The G.

So much thread, not enough flank.

JEguitars
Pushead wrote:

Pics or it's holier than swiss cheese.

2 problems with that. #1 I'm moving, I've already stated that but I'll repeat it, #2, when I prove it you'll just say it's photoshopped. I know your next play. 

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

I don't know a lot about guitar building, but I know a few things about designing and building. No one with any brain will say that they have built something they only have design. Just posting a picture of the finished project and not telling the world who built it is wrong. Post the design as your own not the final product. It's called a designer for a reason.

JEguitars
Kjetil (GRIM) Remen wrote:

I don't know a lot about guitar building, but I know a few things about designing and building. No one with any brain will say that they have built something they only have design. Just posting a picture of the finished project and not telling the world who built it is wrong. Post the design as your own not the final product. It's called a designer for a reason.

Um.....I've always said Rob built it. So thank you for confirming I've done no wrong.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Yes but you don't on the banner, so that is wrong. Don't use my words to promote your stuff and what you do

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

BTW. Why don't you just open your own forum somewhere else to promote your guitars and stay away from here? It is like I trying to sell and promote megadeth stuff on a forum for Metallica. Stop embarrassing yourself with this stupidity and just leave.

JEguitars
Kjetil (GRIM) Remen wrote:

BTW. Why don't you just open your own forum somewhere else to promote your guitars and stay away from here? It is like I trying to sell and promote megadeth stuff on a forum for Metallica. Stop embarrassing yourself with this stupidity and just leave.

Because I'm the first on this forum to ever do this. Stop being stupid. You have no relevant points whatsoever.

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

I have a point. You are trying to sell something that has nothing to do with ESP or LTD. Nobody with a brain is going to do this. It's like taking a dump in someone's yard. Go somewhere else with your crap. Stay away from here. Showing off something someone is building for fun is one thing, but trying to sell a guitar of a different brand an looks like some home made crap is not OK for the people here. Take a hint and leave. 

Pushead
JEguitars wrote:

2 problems with that. #1 I'm moving, I've already stated that but I'll repeat it, #2, when I prove it you'll just say it's photoshopped. I know your next play. 

I know your play, you haven't done anything to the guitar, and you know that your story (much like your guitar) is full of holes.

John L.
Pushead wrote:

I know your play, you haven't done anything to the guitar, and you know that your story (much like your guitar) is full of holes.

Check out the YouTube videos. All will be clear.

Gfunk

Post to Thread