Old Luthier Poster On Here, Checking Back In!

Updated
Old Luthier Poster On Here, Checking Back In!

How has everyone been? Been a long time since I was on here. I hope everyone is doing well. Still up and doing my own guitars. Yeah I know who cares just show us what youre up to. Here you go. 

Here's some of my old and current stuff going on. I do all the work except for the CNC'g of my fretboards, even wind my own pickups. Wire the guitars with 99.9% pure silver wire (Best conductor of electricity). Shield all the cavities with copper tape. Spray all my own finishes, luminlay side dots, try to make them as high quality as I can but keep the prices reasonable. 

Here is the newest model I created that I'm prototyping. 

And here is a build I did for some no name guy.

JEguitars
Road King wrote:

Too bad you're missing that thing called a brain.

Too bad you're missing that thing called integrity.

Please prove where I've lacked it or lied

Road King
JEguitars wrote:

The day you decided to use Rob's work as your guitar building business banner. You've pretty much used that guitar to start your business; it's like one of the first things you posted.

On your business page, you state we can order that guitar. How exactly is that V supposed to look like that if you build it? Different luthiers have different styles, levels of experience, and they use different wood suppliers, etc. It's deceptive and misleading.

You also don't mention it was built by Rob, which another Facebook user pointed out. You of course ignored his post.

JEguitars
Road King wrote:

The day you decided to use Rob's work as your guitar building business banner. You've pretty much used that guitar to start your business; it's like one of the first things you posted.

On your business page, you state we can order that guitar. How exactly is that V supposed to look like that if you build it? Different luthiers have different styles, levels of experience, and they use different wood suppliers, etc. It's deceptive and misleading.

You also don't mention it was built by Rob, which another Facebook user pointed out. You of course ignored his post.

You have Rob build you ESP clones. Does that mean he lacks integrity?

JEguitars

Also, having my guitar design on my page isn't a lack of integrity or a lie, and anyone's who's ever asked has gotten the truth. So again, where am I lying or deceiving anyone? Oh no where. Ok. 

JEguitars

Also, Gibson never built Slash's appetite for destruction era Les Paul, yet they sell clones of it. They are the number one guitar manufacturer in the world, does that mean they are liars and lack integrity? Leo Fender never played guitar, does he lack integrity? 

Just wondering how deep your well of stupidity is. 

John L.

Doesn't the word "Luthier" usually refer to someone who builds guitar's?

Road King
JEguitars wrote:

Not the same thing. He actually builds the guitars he puts on social media (which are personal pages and not a business pages by the way). He doesn't take pictures of ESPs that ESP built and then say, "Hey I can build you that."

JEguitars wrote:

Also, having my guitar design on my page isn't a lack of integrity or a lie, and anyone's who's ever asked has gotten the truth. So again, where am I lying or deceiving anyone? Oh no where. Ok. 

You can display your design all you want, but it's lame to display someone else's build. That's why I said you should take down his build and display your design via artwork. Or you can try building your own V and displaying that.

JEguitars wrote:

Also, Gibson never built Slash's appetite for destruction era Les Paul, yet they sell clones of it. They are the number one guitar manufacturer in the world, does that mean they are liars and lack integrity? Leo Fender never played guitar, does he lack integrity? 

Just wondering how deep your well of stupidity is. 

Clearly not as deep as yours. This whole Gibson thing is in no way related to what you are doing. The man who built that LP for Slash copied the '59 LP almost to a "T". He even put Gibson on the headstock. So I'm not sure if Gibson even needed to seek permission to start building those guitars. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't.

By the way, did you even get permission from Rob to use his build on your business page? I think not.

P.S. I designed the inlays on my RRRs, but Rob built the inlays. I'm not going to start my own inlay making business using pics of his work, am I?

JEguitars
John L. wrote:

Doesn't the word "Luthier" usually refer to someone who builds guitar's?

Which I do

John L.

But you seem to be implying that "designing" a guitar and "building" one are the same thing.

JEguitars
John L. wrote:

But you seem to be implying that "designing" a guitar and "building" one are the same thing.

Please point out where I've said that or anything close to that. K thx bai

John L.

Wow. Do you really need to be so rude to people who question you?

JEguitars

Ones who falsely accuse me of things yes. Again, can you back that up?

JEguitars
Road King wrote:

Not the same thing. He actually builds the guitars he puts on social media (which are personal pages and not a business pages by the way). He doesn't take pictures of ESPs that ESP built and then say, "Hey I can build you that."

You can display your design all you want, but it's lame to display someone else's build. That's why I said you should take down his build and display your design via artwork. Or you can try building your own V and displaying that.

How odd that your logic against me doesn't work when it's not in your favor.

Road King
JEguitars wrote:

Which I do

Except for the ones that other luthiers build for you. Then you pretend like you built them. Again, did you get Rob's permission to use his build as the basis for your business?

JEguitars wrote:

How odd that your logic against me doesn't work when it's not in your favor.

Clearly my logic is fine. Several other people in this thread have told you that you are lame for using pics of someone else's work on your business page. Not a single person is defending you. People are telling you to GTFO and hit the bricks. Even the Mod told you this is not etsy.

JEguitars wrote:

Please point out where I've said that or anything close to that. K thx bai

He didn't say you actually said it. Do you know the definition of "imply?" Like how pics of that V you didn't build implies that you have awesome luthier skills. Wow, they will let any moron through nursing school nowadays. U mad? Come at me, Flo.

John L.

Hey, Mr. Sensitive, I don't think I falsely accused you of anything. But I do find it ironic that you post your freakish guitars on the forum of ESP, widely regarded as one the best guitar builders on the planet!

JEguitars

You just said in this very thread I didn't even make those guitars. Lutherie implies you make them, remember? I'm implying that designing is the same as building, forget that? I didn't tell you a word before you spouted off. If you don't like it keep your fingers still.

RZK

This is what we've been missing!!

This can't be real life.

Road King

Life is just a fantasy, can you live this fantasy life?

RZK

I've oft fantasized about it.

Road King
John L. wrote:

Hey, Mr. Sensitive, I don't think I falsely accused you of anything. But I do find it ironic that you post your freakish guitars on the forum of ESP, widely regarded as one the best guitar builders on the planet!

Hey Jimmy,

JEguitars wrote:
You just said in this very thread I didn't even make those guitars. Lutherie implies you make them, remember? I'm implying that designing is the same as building, forget that? I didn't tell you a word before you spouted off. If you don't like it keep your fingers still.

So you're against freedom of speech as well?

John L.
JEguitars wrote:

As a matter of fact, I'll sell guitars super cheap, just to get orders and spite Ryan even more. Add me as a friend on here, get a hand made guitar for a rock bottom price!

Does this show integrity ?

Post to Thread