Old Luthier Poster On Here, Checking Back In!

Updated
Old Luthier Poster On Here, Checking Back In!

How has everyone been? Been a long time since I was on here. I hope everyone is doing well. Still up and doing my own guitars. Yeah I know who cares just show us what youre up to. Here you go. 

Here's some of my old and current stuff going on. I do all the work except for the CNC'g of my fretboards, even wind my own pickups. Wire the guitars with 99.9% pure silver wire (Best conductor of electricity). Shield all the cavities with copper tape. Spray all my own finishes, luminlay side dots, try to make them as high quality as I can but keep the prices reasonable. 

Here is the newest model I created that I'm prototyping. 

And here is a build I did for some no name guy.

Pushead

Air tight.  Except for that huge gap.

I've built 4 guitars.  And all of them are playable, not just bodies and necks that I post photos of and then never complete.  But I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Road King
JEguitars wrote:

Who have I deceived and how?

And sue me IRL? Is someone gonna internet sue me?

Are you serious? Say your next victim comes across your FB page; he or she has no knowledge of your deceptive ways. The victim is going to see the V that Rob built and think how amazing it looks. Then this poor slob is going to see the Tremonti pic and think that you build all his guitars for him (even though he never ordered from you). All of this deception leads the victim to open his or her wallet and order a guitar build from you...

...1 year later: "Hey, the build quality of this guitar looks nothing like that sweet flying V that I saw. What gives?! Hey, wait a minute. I just found multiple forums stating that this luthier never even built that flying V he uses as his company banner, and he never even built guitars for Tremonti! I'm suing / reporting you / 12 hours away.

JEguitars wrote:

I didn't clear coat it. And I dyed it to see which color best fit it, that wasn't the final dye. How many guitars have you built exactly? I'm going to venture to guess zero.

I can confirm that Pushead has built guitars and has painted guitars too. He also owns like a squillion guitars, so he knows a thing or two about quality. Lol, I bet you don't even grow your own ebony trees. Noob.

metalhobo

I could fit three scooters in that gap

Pushead

That model is known as the "Michael Strahan."

JEguitars
Pushead wrote:

I've built 4 guitars.  And all of them are playable, not just bodies and necks that I post photos of and then never complete.  But I wouldn't expect you to understand.

That is where the korina was raised above the maple due to being thicker, as you can clearly see at the bottom. Also it has black marker on it. You don't know what you're talking about. 

JEguitars
Road King wrote:

Who have I deceived and how?

And sue me IRL? Is someone gonna internet sue me?

Are you serious? Say your next victim comes across your FB page; he or she has no knowledge of your deceptive ways. The victim is going to see the V that Rob built and think how amazing it looks. Then this poor slob is going to see the Tremonti pic and think that you build all his guitars for him (even though he never ordered from you). All of this deception leads the victim to open his or her wallet and order a guitar build from you...

...1 year later: "Hey, the build quality of this guitar looks nothing like that sweet flying V that I saw. What gives?! Hey, wait a minute. I just found multiple forums stating that this luthier never even built that flying V he uses as his company banner, and he never even built guitars for Tremonti! I'm suing / reporting you / 12 hours away.

JEguitars wrote:

I didn't clear coat it. And I dyed it to see which color best fit it, that wasn't the final dye. How many guitars have you built exactly? I'm going to venture to guess zero.

I can confirm that Pushead has built guitars and has painted guitars too. He also owns like a squillion guitars, so he knows a thing or two about quality. Lol, I bet you don't even grow your own ebony trees. Noob.

I think anyone with half a brain would know Tremonti is a PRS Endorsee. Also I've never claimed I built the V, only that it was my design. Again, zero deception. And I've sold quite a few guitars, no complaints yet.  Can Pushead verify the quality of  your guitars?

If you have proof to the contrary please offer it up. I say that knowing full well you don't. 

JEguitars
Pushead wrote:

Feel free to post pics. All of my guitars are playable as well. And theres a few examples of finished ones in my post. Good job with that logic. Not that I'd expect you to understand. 

Road King
JEguitars wrote:
I think anyone with half a brain would know Tremonti is a PRS Endorsee. Also I've never claimed I built the V, only that it was my design. Again, zero deception. And I've sold quite a few guitars, no complaints yet.  Can Pushead verify the quality of  your guitars? If you have proof to the contrary please offer it up. I say that knowing full well you don't. 

You're using the V as the banner for your business page. Obviously people will assume you built the V because guess what? It's a facebook page for your guitar building business! You can't use someone else's work. If I ran a pizza business, I wouldn't use pics of pizzas made by Pizza Hut on my menu, would I? FFS you are dumb.

JEguitars

Not if you had no hand in making or designing that pizza, I imagine not. Or if you were displaying their logo. Architects can't show their designs since they didn't construct the building? I'm still waiting to see where you have proof I've deceived anyone. 

Pushead

I found someone to help point it out to you.  That's not marker.  That's what we, in the business, refer to as a gap.

Travis L.

LOLOL 

John L.

It may also be a sound hole

JEguitars

That is a raised section of korina paired with black marker, that is not a gap. Obviously you're going to hold onto that for dear life, but it just isn't. 

Road King

Not sure if OP built that gap or just designed it.

Hey, I noticed that the guy who goes by engage757 on several guitar forums has commented on OP's facebook page. We ran that scammer off ages ago. Birds of a feather...

Stonecat

Pushead

Come on, man.  You can see sections colored in marker under the green, you can see sections in marker on your piece of Limba, but that part is in shadow (where you can clearly see the edge) and way darker.  I don't feel I need to further prove my Photershop skills, but if you want, I'll boost the brightness and contrast of the photo to prove it.

Hell, you posted these photos on MLP in January.  Surely this guitar is further along than this photo.  Just share a current photo with us!

JEguitars

It's actually not any further along honestly. And I'm moving so it's all packed. 

You should post pics of your builds. What happened there?

Post to Thread