Arrow-401

Updated
Arrow-401

Hey fellers, been a while since I've posted any new shit here. Since Velt071 seems to have purged his collection of V's, I'll try to pick up the slack!!

Picked up an Arrow-401 last year. Love it, light and balanced. Plays better than any RR model I've ever owned. 

So a few months later I'm looking through GC used gear and find another 401, but with a reverse headstock. Picked it up for dirt cheap. The issue is, the only Arrow models I know of that had the reverse were the E-II and some overseas ESP models. Never seen a LTD V with the reverse headstock. So would this be a prototype/sample kind of thing?? Anyway, it's fucking killer!!

Just traded this...                                           ...for this

Haven't spent enough time with the Phoenix to really get used to it, but feels a lot like a lightweight Explorer to me. Hated the AX, just not my thing.

Picked these up at random times over the past few years. Schecter V-1, Buzz-7 and the all elusive mint M-302.

Black V's Matter! Black V's Matter!! Black V's Matter!!!

Anyways, I'm bored as shit at work today and this killed about an hour. Got some more to post, just have to get better pics first. 

Nathan S.

Nice collection!!

metalhobo

Fuckin killer dude. Always liked those Arrows. Never bought one cuz I think they'd look too big on me. I'm 5'10", but still, even a normal strat looks kinda big on me for some reason. Anyway, the reverse headstock is rad as hell. I too am interested about learning its origin. If you wanna sell the first one lemme know.

Is that V with the Kahler a Kerry King?!

Wyatt

Thanks! Last pic left to right- bc rich icon pat o'brien sig, esp nv standard, ltd v-200 lawsuit, arrow-401, ltd v-300, ltd v-350, ibanez vbt-700

The NV is the nicest instrument I've ever owned. It's based off early 90s KK ESP's. V-350 is a close second.

metalhobo

you should kickname that white v-300 "scoop," like a scoop of vanilla ice cream

Wyatt

It's the token white guy

Gfunk

Cool Vees, congas!

I always wanted an NV Standard but have had nothing but bad experiences with Failers. 

What model is the Phoenix?  How does it play/sound?

Wyatt

I love the Kahler on the NV. I still think Floyds are more comfortable to play, but the Kahler operates so much smoother than an OFR

The Phoenix is the 200 series. I like it enough to upgrade to the 1000. To me, it sits like an Explorer. Well balanced and typical LTD thin 22 fret neck. The pickups are ESP LH 150's?? They look nice and are probably great for anything non metal related, but not my cup of tea. I've had this tuned to C sharp with 11-50's. 

Road King

Looks much better with the reversed headstock. Plus you get a properly tight low E and a more bendable high E. I'm not sure why ESP ruins all of their guitars with the non-reversed one. I have GAS for that military green E-II signature V, but would prefer a non trem.

Wyatt

I think the reverse looks better too. It's just something different for a change

And GAS for that E-II Mille sig!!

metalhobo
Road King wrote:

Looks much better with the reversed headstock. Plus you get a properly tight low E and a more bendable high E.

makes no difference with the locking nut

Road King

I usually leave those off. #Reversed headstock lives matter.

Travis L.

damn!!!!!!!! clean collection!!!!

Wyatt

thanks Travis!

Kjetil (GRIM) Remen

Awesome collection Wyatt. Love the reversed headstock.

Timothy O.

I actually have one of the other reversed 401s. I though it was the only one haha they weren't supposed to be sold. I emailed ESP forever ago when I got mine. They were an early test run of the model in Indonesia. The series is now run in China. The differences are the strap button placement, and the headstock and the body I think is alder not mahogany??? If it's mahogany it's awfully bright haha. I have done a ton of custom work to mine personally. Best playing guitar I have. They were closely monitored during the build, so they're pretty damn nice to play. Also the ones that were sold were all marked as b stock. That's why they leaked. They changed the design which makes these super rare and valuable. Glad to see there's another owner out there!!!

ESP 348

The V-Master!

Alexx C.

I just bought the white verison, I can't find it on here, so ESP must have quit making it.. Anyways, this thing is phenominal! Great electronics, floyd stays in tune, and it just stands out from every other guitar I've ever owned or played! 

Post to Thread