Upcoming NAD

Updated
Upcoming NAD

I pulled the trigger on this today. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with the Voodoo Platinum mod.

Used in Richard Z's studio in NYC on the first Emigrate album.

I'll post my own pics when it gets here.

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited.

Road King
RZK wrote:

It was in a cardboard box. The rectifier tubes came out and shattered. The power tubes were likely damaged, and after playing for a short time, they started shorting. The fuse blows as soon as I switch it off standby. I tried running it with two tubes, but I found out that only one of them is good. Doesn't do me any good...

One of these days I'll get to play it. New tubes should be in Wednesday.

They should have removed the tubes and wrapped each one in bubble wrap. Either that or stuff some bubble wrap inside of the amp. Amp should also be wrapped in bubble wrap with foam or paper corner pads. Amateurs.

RZK
Road King wrote:

They should have removed the tubes and wrapped each one in bubble wrap. Either that or stuff some bubble wrap inside of the amp. Amp should also be wrapped in bubble wrap with foam or paper corner pads. Amateurs.

Yep. Oh, well. I don't think the guy that packed it has much experience shipping this sort of thing.

I blew three fuses trying to diagnose the power tubes.

slab

Three fuses?

You and GG1 will make a nice couple. 

Road King
slab wrote:

You and GG1 will make a nice couple. 

You jelly, brah?

RZK

Finally got it all working. Had to replace all the power tubes. Been playing it a lot this past week. Sounds fantastic through my Line 6 Flextone 4x12. The RZK owned Mesa 2x12 cab will be on its way soon.

Just bought a used Peavy 6505+ for $400. I'll have to take some pics.

Road King

Nice buy. Peavey makes great amps. Did you get the Richter strap? Mine came in last week. It's nicer than the Levy I have, although that one was only $60.

RZK

I sure did. Love them. I'll be ordering some more Springbreak II straps in the future. They're fantastic.

Did you end up ordering any Sommercables?

Road King

Yep, I've had them for a bit. Can't tell much of a difference in sound playing at home, plus I run too many pedals, but they seem high quality.

ESP 348

Great to hear you have been playing it man.

I just bought a Dual Recto myself with a 4x12 cab. Just arrived yesterday actually.

The sound is amazing, I can only imagine how good your amp sounds man.

I am looking to buy a new cable also, I tried to buy these Sommercables, but didn't have any luck.

I am going to call around today and buy some cables in Australia which are hopefully just as good.

RZK

That sucks. Would they not ship to Australia?

Congratulations on your new Recto. I saw you talking about a multi-watt Rectifier. You can make your Rectifier run at 50 watts by taking a pair of power tubes out.

ESP 348

I don't remember what they said now, I will look back through my emails and find their reply.

Thanks man, I was looking at a Mark IV, then tried to find a Mark V. The Mark IV sold, so I missed out on that unfortunately. A new Mark V is AU $5600, add another $2200 on top for the 4x12 cab. I couldn't find a used Mark V anywhere for sale here in Australia.

I ended up with a Dual Recto 100W with the 4x12 cab for AU $2300. It's only 8 months old, the dude basically gave it away as he needed money.

It has the 50w/100w switch on each channel. It's bloody loud and sounds awesome. I have some good leads that still work that I bought over 10 years ago, but I might buy another 2x new ones and keep the other ones as spares.

A friend offered me his Mulitwatt Rectifier, but I was already in talks with this other dude with the one I bought.

slab

Dayum, you Oz cats get screwed on Mesa stuff.

The jp2c+ sigs are already floating around here for 2kusd used.

ESP 348

Wow, that's cheap man!

I just saw that JP2c+ sig for sale here in Aus with a "call for a price" attachment next to it. Lol

The Dual Recto I just bought never came with a foot switch. No worries, I can get one from the Mesa shop, but with the current crappy exchange rate I decided to just buy one locally. Well, I called and ordered one. Will be here next week.

So I ordered one today, with the cable and with a big discount *apparently* I paid AU $440 for it. Circa around US $330 at the moment.

We get screwed on everything mate, not only Mesa stuff. You name it, we pay big bucks for it. It was magic when the Aussie/US dollar was on parity, that is when I bought nearly all of my ESP KH guitars.

I wouldn't do it now, I ain't paying AU $15K+ for a KH20. Bugger that shit! 

AK

The JP-2C amps are around 4400USD right now in Europe. Limited version is 6135USD. Insane prices.

ESP 348

Jeez!! BIG bucks! But I guess if you are going to keep that amp forever then it doesn't really matter.

I didn't want to pay those prices because I rarely play anymore. Work, life and kids has taken over my life so that is a lot of money tied up in an amp that will just sit in the spare room and collect dust.

But.............since buying this Recto, I am in love with the sound and have played heaps over the last two days. It took a Mesa amp to re-ignite my passion for the guitar again.

So I am already thinking I sell this Recto to buy a Mark V or whatever. But I will leave it for now, I will play through a few other different Mesa amps and pick whichever one I like the best, then sell my Recto. A friend that lives around 1000km away has a Mark V. I might be heading that way some time this year so I will play that amp and if I love it I will definitely buy one.

Damn the cost!! You only live once and it won't matter in 50 years time that I blew $6K+ on a Mesa amp.

I paid AU $2000 for my Marshall amp 16 years ago when I was 20. That was a huge amount of money for me back then when I was only earning $11 p/h as an apprentice.

slab

Lulz, I got a heeler, and his name is max.

Actually have 3. 

slab

We already know where to find these movies.

Beat it.
Road King
slab wrote:

We already know where to find these movies.

Beat it.

Well I didn't know about the movies. Thanks, junglebook!

RZK

The cab should be on its way tomorrow. While I wait, maybe I'll watch some of these movies.

Post to Thread