Upcoming NAD

Updated
Upcoming NAD

I pulled the trigger on this today. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with the Voodoo Platinum mod.

Used in Richard Z's studio in NYC on the first Emigrate album.

I'll post my own pics when it gets here.

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited.

ESP 348

Very very cool man!!!

Shame about those tubes, but it's all good.

Thanks for the pics!

slab

Hellz yeah 

RZK

I already bought it.

Road King
RZK wrote:

I already bought it.

Good, I was thinking about getting it and now my wallet is safe. I like how it says "Cab 15."

RZK
Road King wrote:

I already bought it.

Good, I was thinking about getting it and now my wallet is safe. I like how it says "Cab 15."

I was doing it primarily for your sake. I also picked up a few of the signature Richter straps.

RZK

This kills me: https://reverb.com/item/2117499-line-6-pod-xt-2000s-red

WTF Richard? I hope they just sent this to him. No self respecting musician would actually use that for anything.

Road King

No wristbands? Those straps look comfortable and well made, so I picked one up as well. I had one of those Pods ages ago. I actually recorded a cover of Mein Teil on it and it sounds like ass. My guess is he hooked headphones to it to quietly jam.

RZK

My apologies. I also bought a bracelet.

Might have to get some more of those Richter Springbreak straps. I'll see how I like them. I'm using 3" leather now, but these should be much nicer.

slab

i think dolphin boy and rzk are going to make out

RZK
slab wrote:

i think dolphin boy and rzk are going to make out

Homo.

Road King

Looks like slob got into his daddy's liquor cabinet again. Now he's posting his sexual fantasies online. But I do want RZK's cream... colored RZK-1 guitar.

RZK

Blew a fuse the other day. Got a few more. Power tubes pooped. Three of them. I think they were already damaged in transit. The amp was kinda noisy.

Ordered a new matched set of Ruby 6L6GL-M-STR tubes. Guess it's time to wait some more. I also ordered a Mesa SPAX7. He had a Sovtek in the #1, and JJ's in #2-5. Gonna try a few different preamp tubes and see what I like.

Road King

Wow. After all that touring, you'd think that his crew would know how to pack an amp properly.

RZK

It was in a cardboard box. The rectifier tubes came out and shattered. The power tubes were likely damaged, and after playing for a short time, they started shorting. The fuse blows as soon as I switch it off standby. I tried running it with two tubes, but I found out that only one of them is good. Doesn't do me any good...

One of these days I'll get to play it. New tubes should be in Wednesday.

Post to Thread