Upcoming NAD

Updated
Upcoming NAD

I pulled the trigger on this today. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with the Voodoo Platinum mod.

Used in Richard Z's studio in NYC on the first Emigrate album.

I'll post my own pics when it gets here.

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited.

Gfunk
metalhobo wrote:

gfunk you always know the right thing to say

RZK

I never smelled the shoes. I would want them to smell like week smoke and the pacific surf but in reality, they probably just smelled like dog shit.

I still have the suspenders which I might one day use one day when I go from Big Daddy B to Slim Daddy B.

The temptation would be too much for me.

RZK

Temptation, leading you astray?

Took a dive and I beat on

The body loves what it's never gonna become

Sadder eyes gonna lean on

Happy times where they said they gotta belong

Velt017

Nice

Bryan

Congrats!

I picked up my mid-late 90s Dual Recto from a local guy and I haven't wanted another amp since!

ESP 348

I gotta get me one!

RZK

I got my cables today. Didn't think they warranted their own thread. Maybe they do.

My new Richard Kruspe signature Sommercables! I bought one 6 meter straight/angled, one 6 meter double straight, and a 3 meter double straight. Also bought 5 Sommercable patch cables. All the plugs are Hicon.

I was using some Livewire cables and a Whirlwind before. These do sound a lot cleaner. Best $180 I ever spent.

ESP 348

Awesome cables, never knew they existed! 6m is a good length too.

I often wonder if a good lead woud sound better than a good wireless.

I have an AKG wireless that I play through, sounds great but wonder if I should just use a lead.

I do enjoy the freedom of walking around the house though without having any leads anywhere other than the ones cluttered around the bottom of the rollcab.

Road King

Livewires?  All that money you have in guitars and you are feeding them the entry level stuff. Even planet waves cables would have been a big improvement. Where did you order your cables from? I don't speak in meters. Was thinking about upgrading to solid cables. I'm surprised RZK doesn't use the $6K analysis plus cables.

RZK

I know, I know, from an ESP through Livewire into a Line 6. I'm a wretched person. I'm getting all that corrected!

I ordered mine from Thomann. They have the best prices I've seen. You can get them in black, or in the reddish brown that I got, and with your choice of straight or angled jacks.

6 meters is around 18 feet, 3 meters is around 10. For guitar straight to amp, the 6 meter is best. I run a 6 into my pedal board, the 3 into my DI box, and the other 6 back to my amp. It sounds a lot better than with my old cables. My head may well explode when I get the Mesa.

RZK

A good cable would be better for a studio application, but I don't see it making that much of a difference live. Even with the best wireless system, there has to be some degredation of tone.

Road King

Are they made in Germany? It's hard to find good pedal couplers that are shorter than 1 foot and aren't angled. All the boutique pedals have the I/O up top instead of on the sides like the MXR stuff. These would be perfect for my new pedals.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/sommer_cable_xstr_0020.htm

RZK

They are made in Germany. Those are basically what I got, but mine are angled. The Hiflex cable is nifty. You can bend it and it keeps its shape pretty well.

RZK

My amp is being shipped today!

ESP 348

Yeah, would have to be some tone loss through the wireless system I have.

In saying that, I suck at playing guitar so it doesn't matter anyway.

I really like these cables though, might have to get some so I can connect them from my pedals to wireless.

Or play through them and if they do sound A LOT better, then I will sell my wireless and stick to using these cables.

ESP 348

You amp is being shipped today? Very exciting!

Post to Thread