Upcoming NAD

Updated
Upcoming NAD

I pulled the trigger on this today. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with the Voodoo Platinum mod.

Used in Richard Z's studio in NYC on the first Emigrate album.

I'll post my own pics when it gets here.

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited.

BlackJack21

Awesome man, congrats. I bet it's going to be bad ass! I love rectifiers!

RZK
BlackJack21 wrote:

Awesome man, congrats. I bet it's going to be bad ass! I love rectifiers!

It will be my first. My first tube amp, even. I've spent all my money on guitars. It's about time I focus on my amp. Need to pick up a Mesa cab this year. I'm gonna run it through my Line 6 4x12 until then. My bank account is a little sore.

Road King

'Mirin. I thought about buying that since it was the only affordable item, but I'm glad it went to you.

Are you going to have uncle Rich personalize it? (We can call him uncle Rich since you basically are related to him now). 

Definitely get a Mesa cab. I'd recommend getting a good deal on Craigslist or have Sweetwater ship you a new one. Gfunk is selling one btw. I've got the single recto with the 2x12 cab, a major steal on craigslist a few years back.

When are these pyros gonna put out another album? It's been 7 years ffs. I expect another album as good as Mutter.

RZK
Road King wrote:

'Mirin. I thought about buying that since it was the only affordable item, but I'm glad it went to you.

Are you going to have uncle Rich personalize it? (We can call him uncle Rich since you basically are related to him now). 

Definitely get a Mesa cab. I'd recommend getting a good deal on Craigslist or have Sweetwater ship you a new one. Gfunk is selling one btw. I've got the single recto with the 2x12 cab, a major steal on craigslist a few years back.

When are these pyros gonna put out another album? It's been 7 years ffs. I expect another album as good as Mutter.

New album should be out next year. It's being mixed now.

Yes, Uncle Rich is going to write me a lovely note.

I'm shopping around for a cab. Might buy one in Chicago when I'm there in July. Rammstein's playing the Open Air festival.

ESP 348

Awesome!! Nice score, be sure to let us know how it sounds.

I will have to buy myself a recto one day, I have also been spending too much money on guitars the last few years.

Breadfan32

Cool purchase.  I love the rectifier tones he gets.  Seen a couple vids on YouTube sounds so mean!!

Ive had some rectifiers in the past.  I'm sure a Mesa recto cab will make a big difference over the one you have now.  

RZK
ESP 348 wrote:

Awesome!! Nice score, be sure to let us know how it sounds.

I will have to buy myself a recto one day, I have also been spending too much money on guitars the last few years.

That's been my problem. I have over $20,000 in guitars, and $500 in an amp. Not very balanced.

I do use Rammfire with Guitar Rig for demos and for some casual playing. I don't generally like amp sims, but that's one I'll use.

ESP 348

That's it mate, too many guitars and not enough amps.

I have a Marshall JCM900 Slash Signature half stack that I bought in the year 2000. Still own it, never liked it from the start.

It's loud, but the Marhsall tone is not savage enough for me. I have always lusted for a Mesa, perhaps even a Hughes And Kettner. A friend had an old school model, the clear faced head with blue neons on it. It sounded absolutely amazing. No pedals or anything, just his crappy old Ibanez guitar through a lead into this amp, the crunch was amazing!

Last I heard many years ago it blew up and he didn't know anyone to send it to here in Australia to fix it. So I don't know what happened to it. I should try and track him down now to ask to see if he still owns it so I can buy it and send it somewhere for repair.

If anyone is interested in a Marshall JCM 900 Slash Sig half stack, let me know. The price will be killer to ship overseas, but yeah. 

RZK
Breadfan32 wrote:

Cool purchase.  I love the rectifier tones he gets.  Seen a couple vids on YouTube sounds so mean!!

Ive had some rectifiers in the past.  I'm sure a Mesa recto cab will make a big difference over the one you have now.  

I'm gonna run it through the Line 6 until then, and even with that, it'll be an improvement for me. I don't want to get too much at once, I'll get overwhelmed with tonez.

This may be a biased opinion, but I feel Uncle Rich's tone is the best out there. He puts so much time and effort into getting the perfect sound, and writing solid riffs. He's a better guitarist than most players. Shredding does not a good guitarist you make.

Road King

I agree. Their riffs are not technical, but they make up for it with good tones. They've done a lot of cool stuff with the first few frets, lol.

Breadfan32

I've really been into rammstein lately mostly because of the tones.  

Was there an auction for some of Richards gear or something?  

RZK
Breadfan32 wrote:

I've really been into rammstein lately mostly because of the tones.  

Was there an auction for some of Richards gear or something?  

He's been selling his old gear that he no longer uses. There's a Peavy 6505 and a couple Soldano heads up on Reverb right now. He's sold almost every guitar he owns except for his current signatures and the Gretsches.

https://reverb.com/shop/team-s-gear-garage

http://www.vintageandrare.com/dealer/RZK-7718/products

Road King

Wish I could have had a crack at that RZK-1 or a flamethrower KH.

RZK

RZK, welcome to the celebrity owned gear fanboi club!! Congrats on the purchase. You should like the Mesa a lot. They get some pretty good distortion yet the notes still remain very clear. They can be a little quirky though...the EQs are very sensitive and they sometimes tend to emit annoying pops when switching channels. I would encourage you to download the manual from their site and start reading up on it. They manuals are very informative and easy to read.

Good advice! I will check that out. Any experience with the Voodoo mod? This one has the Platinum mod.

http://www.voodooamps.com/home/Modifications/AMPMODIFICATIONS/MesaMods/DualRectifier2Channel/tabid/134/Default.aspx

Glad to be a member of the club. I just need some shoes...

Gfunk

That friggin' "Platinum Mod" costs more than the head!

Sheesh..........

BlackJack21
RZK wrote:

Glad to be a member of the club. I just need some shoes...

Lol I was going to post something similiar.

Post to Thread