What's good to clean a guitar with?

Updated
yuppicide

I picked up the LTD EC-1000 Evertune.. what's good to use on it to clean? I dust it off, but every now and then I'd like to give it a good wipe down.

I also have some sticky residue I'd like to wipe off. I didn't have anything to put the guitar on until I hung something on the wall, so I stored the guitar in the box it came in. It got some of the residue from behind where the foam pieces are glued in the box.

Do I ever need to do anything special with the fretboard? I went from a $150 guitar to a $1050 guitar.. so excuse me being a noob as I never cleaned the old guitar one bit.

jt76

I use music nomad the guitar one polish on the body with a guitar polishing cloth and music nomad f one fret board oil on the neck with  paper towels .

tx-ogre

For daily/light cleaning of my gloss finished guitars, I use Dunlop 65.  For those occasions I need a more serious cleaner, I use Crazy John's Guitar Cleaner and Polish.  For fretboards, I have only used Gerlitz Guitar Honey.  All great products.

yuppicide

Thanks. I'll look them up.

Big Daddy B

I don't always clean my guitars, but when I do, I clean with Dunlop 65. Stay sparkly my friends.

slab

I like the Gibson polish and that stringfellow board oil.

Doubles as cologne when I run out of Giorgio.

Ammar

just be careful if it is matt/satin finish. 

Post to Thread