Lawsuit V-200 bridge replacement

Updated
Lawsuit V-200 bridge replacement

Please look at the following pictures.
http://imgur.com/a/w49fu
Now, I'd like to replace the hardware on this V with some GuitarFetish black hardware. I really don't know much about Tune o matic fits and such, so im not totally sure which bridges I should be looking at. Do I need a curved tailpiece? I'm wondering what kind of "fit" this guitar currently has. I've heard of some Nashville studs or something. I just don't know... Anyways, thanks!

Nathan S.

I replaced the chrome bridge and tail piece on mine with tonepros black locking pieces. You need metric studs. I had to stay with the factory chrome thread inserts that are in the body though and just paint them black because the ones in the tonepros kit were too small.

Pushead

You never listen to my suggestions, but I like listening to myself type.

Buy something nicer than the cheap Guitar Fetish hardware.

But we both know you'll still buy the cheapest thing out there, so this is what you want:

Bridge

Stop Bar

The stop bar bushings don't appear to be exactly right, but you can use the stock bushings and the new black posts.

Shaun

Ha, I'm just looking for something that works. If there's a slightly more but definitely better option, I could go with that!

Thanks

Shaun

The warmoth gotoh bridge isn't too much more, if any!

That a good option?

Wyatt

I replaced the bridge and tailpiece with a tonepros also, and had to keep the chrome studs. Looks like shit to me, but that guitar practically lives it's life inside a coffin case anyway. Also swapped the tuners for some Grovers, and threw on a new ESP truss rod cover. Looks so much better blacked out, but now those chrome studs are gonna bother me until i change em.

Zorlac

I see you like Les Pauls.

Nathan S.

Thats odd, I bought a complete Tonepros black (metric) locking kit. Bridge and tailpiece. I was able to use all the studs that came with it. I however had to reuse the factory thread bushings in the body as the ones in the kit were to small. I just popped them out of the body, painted them black and put them back in. I did have a problem with the bridge adjuster studs that came with the Tonepros kit. The Tonepros ones were not threaded all the way to the base of the adjuster wheel, they had a short unthreaded shoulder on them. So, I was unable to drop my bridge down as low as I liked my action on the high E side becasue the threads bottomed out before I was down where I wanted to be. I ended up finding a black Jin Ho (or whatever the hell the name of the Korean ones are that those guitars came with) bridge and studs that I just used the studs from cause the bridge was very rough. They were threaded all the way so I could get my high E side down where I wanted.

Wyatt

I believe I bought the same Tonepros metric kit. The tailpiece studs weren't screwing in properly, they felt like they were cross threading. I didn't want to force them in, so  I just stuck with the chrome. Thought about pulling the inserts out, but didn't want any paint chipping. The bridge mounts that came with the kit were fine though. 

Tondog

The paint won't chip if you pull the bushings. If the paint overlaps at all, just cut around it with an Exacto knife or razor. 

Shaun

So how bout that gotoh TOM?

Pushead

The Gotoh stuff is pretty nice.

slab

Wow, they changed the background.

Fancy.

Must of sold some guitars at namm.

Post to Thread