Free case promo

Updated
Free case promo

How long did it take to get your free case from the recent holiday promotion?  It's been 4 weeks and was wondering what the timeframe was to receive mine.  Thanks to anybody who has any info.

Big Daddy B

2 years back I bought a White Zombie before the Tombstone cases came out so I got a voucher. Took about 3 weeks. U may want to call the 800 number and inquire. I did that and mine arrived a couple days later.

Road King II
Kenneth L. wrote:

How long did it take to get your free case from the recent holiday promotion?  It's been 4 weeks and was wondering what the timeframe was to receive mine.  Thanks to anybody who has any info.

I registered mine on 11/27, still haven't received it.

Kenneth L.

I contacted ESP and they said they would be shipped over the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Road King II

Unacceptable.  My M1000 has been collecting dust since the end of November because the action is too high. I'm not an experienced luthier so I leave it up the the experts to make the proper adjustments.  I don't have a case that fits this and I don't plan to toss it in my trunk and rely on proper handling without a safe place to store it. 4-6 weeks has turned to 12-14 weeks.

Kenneth L.

Yeah....this is getting ridiculous.  I can't take mine anywhere.  

Road King II

Complaining about a free case. What a bunch of self-entitled babies.

Uh yeah.  Like I said, I'm depending on it, otherwise I would have just bought one at the same time I bought the guitar.  I see you can read words, now learn how to comprehend them.

Road King II

Lol at depending on a case that you know won't arrive for many weeks. Try a soft blanket for transport, or perhaps the box the guitar came in; it's not rocket science. I see that you can buy M-1000s, now learn how to set them up.

Just because you can wipe your butt doesn't make you a proctologist.  I won't touch anything with a set or glued neck.  

ESP claimed 4-6 weeks not 12-14.  Do the math.  That's a big difference.

I refuse to walk around with a guitar wrapped in blanket.  Good one.

Road King II

Just because you can wipe your butt doesn't make you a proctologist.  I won't touch anything with a set or glued neck.  

ESP claimed 4-6 weeks not 12-14.  Do the math.  That's a big difference.

I refuse to walk around with a guitar wrapped in blanket.  Good one.

I see you can read promos, now learn to comprehend them. The promo didn't end until 12/31 with entries being accepted until 01/31. Now do the math. 4-6 weeks could be anywhere from 01/28 - 03/13. If the case is not in your hands by 03/13, then you have my permission to cry.

P.S. A quick google search can show you how to lower the action on a guitar. ESP shouldn't have to make you a priority just because you can't do basic guitar maintenance.

P.P.S. I already got my case in the mail. U mad?

Still unacceptable.

I know I'm not a priority to ESP. That's already been determined. This is why you stick to the better brand names. Oh well, live and learn. 1 point for you. 

I understand how to adjust a truss rod, however any new guitar I pick up I have inspected by pros. I've almost been burned on hairline cracks that I would have never noticed. Issues are looked for prior to any adjustment. At this point I'm passed the return stage and into the warranty stage so I guess you're right on this one, I should just adjust it myself. 

Note: Truss rod adjustments should only be performed by a qualified technician. Improperly adjusting or over adjusting the truss rod can result in damage to the guitar neck and is not covered under the ESP limited lifetime warranty.

Another point for you. 

Congratulations on receiving your case. I hope you received in within a respectable time frame. It sheds some light on why you are not, as you call it, crying about this matter. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to wait another month. That's 3 points for you. 

I think I'm going to close this discussion. Thank you for being a great asset to this forum. Although a simple "I registered mine on this date and received the case on this date" may have been a bit more helpful.

Speaking of reading the rules of the promo, I hope ESP doesn't catch on to the fact that you may have violated them "Entrants must be 13 years or older". Get your homework done kiddo. Tomorrow is a school day.

Nathan S.

This is quickly becoming my favorite thread.......where's the popcorn.

Road King II

Popcorn takes 4-6 minutes to cook, which is unacceptable to Micheal A.

Lol.  It would be unacceptable.  Popcorn takes 2.5 minutes so at 4-6 it would be burnt.  I'm sure you read the package but you probably didn't quite comprehend it.

Kenneth L.

I cry every time I watch "The Notebook".  I try to fast forward to the good parts between ripping out " Walk With me in Hell" and "Holy Wars".  

Pushead

Ignoring the case issue, why is adjusting the truss rod such a big deal?  We live in a world where the whole of human knowledge is accessible from the phone you carry in your pocket.

There are, literally, thousands of videos on YouTube showing how to setup, maintain and adjust your guitar.  It's not brain surgery, it's turning a few screws and a nut.  Hike your pants up and learn something about the item you invested several hundred dollars in.

Road King II

Ahhhhh.  Let me explain.

I owned a Dean for a month.

In that time I learned how to eliminate excessive electrical noise, replace an intermittent stock S.D. humbucker, replace the 3 crunchy intermittently dead cheap pots with full size pots, replace the wiring with shielded single wire, basically rewired it. Then I learned the vicious cycle of trus rod adjusting, FR adjusting, fret buzz, readjusting, intonation issues, setting int, fret buzz, repeat.  I've adjusted acoustics.  I successfully adjusted a fender and didn't really care to so everything after was done professionally.  Back to my story, so this was a real puzzle so I took it in.  They looked at it and within 30 seconds of eyeballing it and a few hmmmms I was told  "return it".  Neck was jacked up/cracked.  Wish I would have brought it in right away.  I could't determine who was to blame.  Dean, myself, UPS, seller, etc.

However, not to completely dis Dean, they had awesome C.S. and it could of just been a lemon.

This is what I learned from this experience.  
I have way better things to do in life then mess with something that is a skill that I don't care to learn nor do I know if I'd really be good at it. I don't mind taking it in to a semi-local shop.  Call me a snob, I can afford it.  I know the luthier.  He's not some G.C. high school kid adjusting guitars for a summer job.

Also, never buy a signature guitar unless you want to use it as wall art.  Real players don't play other player's rigs.

Pushead
Road King II wrote:

Real players don't play other player's rigs.

Real players would have bought the case with the guitar and then sold the "free" one.  They have places to take the guitar to so they can play.

If it makes you feel any better, my experience with Dean guitars in the price range of 1000 level LTDs have been pretty disappointing.

guitarsatbmusic
Road King II wrote:

Also, never buy a signature guitar unless you want to use it as wall art.  Real players don't play other player's rigs.

Breadfan32

I would demand a refund on the free case.  

slab

and we used to bitch about fucked up usa ordered customs;

now its free cases,....i am disappoint

Ozzfun
Road King II wrote:

Congratulations on receiving your case. I hope you received in within a respectable time frame. 

I received my case within a respectable time frame. Respectable Members receive their cases in a respectable time frame.

Road King II

That's awesome!!!  Thanks for the heads up short bus!!!

What do I have to do to be a respected member?  Is there a form I have to fill out?  Kiss ass?  Not have an opinion?  Be weak and follow?  What does it take?  Sorry, no nude photos, so don't ask.

Where the hell is Road Queen when you need him?  Back me up buddy.

Nathan S.

Found it!!!!

tx-ogre

I see a UFC or WWE pay-per-view battle royal event in the making.  Contact your cable or satellite provider.

Post to Thread