Sold my ESP MX250II on ebay, but buyer hasn't paid...

Updated
brainiac7

Hello,

Earlier this month I sold my MX250II on ebay and worked out the details of shipping and insurance with the buyer and we were in good communication then after he asked to see the serial number, which I provided since he had won the auction, he stopped communication and didn't respond to the invoice, etc. I emailed him several times and then finally went through ebay's "seller hasn't paid" system or whatever it's called. Still no response.

While it is certainly possible he had an emergency such as hit by a car or something, it's not likely of course.

So, my main issue is with the ebay fee that is coming due in a few days. I don't think he will be paying if he hasn't so far, so should I just cancel the whole request process and get my fee refund now and repost the guitar? Should I try CL instead of ebay or list in both locations and sell to first person that reaches my acceptable price?

This is my second guitar I've ever sold and so I'm a bit inexperienced with the whole matter and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks, guys.

ESP 348

Cancel it, get your listing fee back and relist the guitar man.

Sucks when people mess you around like this.

Best of luck with the re-list/sale.

brainiac7

Thanks guys. I will contact ebay and see if I can get it immediately cancelled instead of waiting for the standard amount of time they suggest.

Thanks for the suggestiongs of reverb.com and I'll post it here too.

Cheers.

edit. Ebay policy is to give minimum 4 days for them to respond to the request through ebay for them to pay. It looks like I will be able to at least deal with this before I'm charged.

edit2. Just noticed a cancel item option and it says you can't cancel an item after you've opened a request to be paid. So, I HAVE to wait... That's life.

Tondog

Sold that time right?

brainiac7

Yep. Sent it out last week. I ended up using FedEx over UPS after reading a bunch of opinions online.

Just sold my Stef B-7 baritone as well. Funny how I don't miss them now that they are, almost, all gone. Well, I still have other guitars to play so it's not like I'm going cold turkey! I'll pick up some other ESP guitars in the future no doubt. The yen is pretty weak so you get a nice bang for your American buck so I'm sure I'll pick up another something someday.

slab

As a buyer, I would be hesitant to ship high end parcels during Xmas.

brainiac7

Slab, you are probably right. I didn't even consider that, but it's a done deal now. I will keep that in mind for the future though. Well, I did sell it the first time pretty well before xmas shipping rush, but the buyer flaked out. Anyway, thanks for the opinion.

Post to Thread