Zorlac pictures

Updated
brainiac7

Hello,

I'm selling one of my babies and was asked for pictures and info.

I guess the quick and dirty is that I've had interest in the Zorlac before it was known as such. My gf sent me ESP brochures and price lists because I had interest in having a guitar made by them back in the mid-80s. In one of the brochures there was the MM-270/250 and I thought it was pretty sweet and thought someday I might like that, but if I was getting a custom guitar made I was going to make it the way I wanted. Sadly, due to circumstances of asking a friend to buy wood in America to send to Japan while I was staying there for ESP to craft into the neck led to the wood taking way too long to arrive to Japan so I had to scrap the idea of ESP making the guitar. Such is life.

So, anyway, enough about me.

The Zorlac I have was picked up from a guy in Japan and from what I got from him is that it was the last of the ones available because they were supposed to stop selling them as we all know.

There are a couple of dings on the body and a couple of dings on the headstock. The pictures are pretty close-up and show the details clearly.

It's 2015, so nobody should EVER have a blurry picture on ebay or anywhere else for that matter! It's clear somebody is hiding something with postage stamp sized pictures and crap lighting, right?

Anyway, here are some pictures and I'll shut up!

edit:Wife saying come to bed. ^^ Will add more pics soon!

jt76

You could probably lift the image using a photo editer and just print one yourself.  They sell transparent sticker printer paper.  Anyone printing professionally would have to get an  a trademark license or at minium an image license .  Zorlac is now a trademark owned by this guy.  I would assume that ownership includes any image containing the zorlac trademark. 

Brown, David H.
1410 Vantage Court , Vista, CA, 92081

ESP 348

I often thought about having one made at the local sticker shop, but it's easier to just buy one off Ebay.

A member actually went to great lengths to have them made to sell here on the old forum from memory.

Had the exact size and colour matched and they were only US $20 or less delivered.

ESP 348

It's all good Brainiac, guitars come and go but memories last a lifetime!

Let someone else enjoy the guitar, they are hard to find and it's great to hear a forum member bought it.

Hopefully he starts to post again and shares more pics and his thoughts of this guitar.

I am almost tempted to get mine out to play it again, love the action on that guitar.

brainiac7

Hey YGGR (ESP 348)!

Thanks for the nice responce!

I have a pretty light playing style and don't do much string bending so I like a pretty low action compared to most people I know. That guitar has pretty nice action indeed! With some tweaking it could go lower, but it would entail going over the frets and that isn't the kind of guitar I would feel comfortable doing that to until it was truly necessary.

I'm guilty of actually playing the guitar rather than leaving it under a bed all the time, because I'm a player and not a collector. It's a musical instrument, not a stamp! LOL

I really need to get out my design sketchbook for a stoppiece I've been meaning to make (for many years) for my KKV so I can play it again. Oh man, if only I had the time. Damn, I <3 guitars!

ESP 348

That's right mate! I love playing my guitars when I actually, but I just don't have the time like I used to.

Between work, kids and helping everyone else with their shit, I don't have to do anything for myself anymore.

Life goes quick, so be sure to get that sketchbook out and make that stop piece man so you can play that KKV again.

Take care and enjoy man.

Zorlac

Took me a while to find a decent one.   Not sure I'd be reay to let her go.    

I thought you'd get a bit more myself.

ESP 348

Took me years to find my Zorlac, waited to find one in mint condition.

Very very happy with it and I will never let this one go.

ESP 348

I think the original KH MM-250 guitar had the Sinclair and the later MM-270 which I have has an OFR on it.

I think Rappa has some info and pics, but from memory I think it was the Sinclair fitted to his first KH guitar dubbed the 'Zorlac'.

My guitar has an OFR with the screw in tremelo bar and it has the two tapered screws that hold the OFR in place.

ESP 348

Possibly mate, not 100% sure on what happened there.

But I did remember seeing something about the Sinclair bridges in Rappa's old info thread on the 'old forum'All very interesting stuff and it would great if we could get the correct information in regards to these early KH guitars from ESP themselves.

brainiac7

Yes, MM-250 is 'sinclair' and MM-270 is OFR. I can send a picture of what a 'sinclair' looks like. Gimme a minute.

Synclear, I think was the name the Japanese translated to.

Also I think there was a Synclear I and II, with the Synclear I being a non-floating style which was used on Akira Takasaki of Loudness' guitars.

Then I think there were a version where the saddles had an angled area where the string would be cinched in place with a hex screw of sorts and the other type being more "blocky" for lack of a better word.

*searching HD for pics I took* brb

edit: Actually, my rusty memory confused Synclear with the Flicker trem on Akira's guitars. There was a Flicker I and II, I THINK! Been a long damn time, sorry, gents.

ESP 348

Cheers for the info mate, I thought the MM-250 had the Sinclair and my MM-270 had the OFR. :)

Well, thanks to all whom puts this info up for everyone to read. Much appreciated. :)

Post to Thread