Zorlac pictures

Updated
brainiac7

Hello,

I'm selling one of my babies and was asked for pictures and info.

I guess the quick and dirty is that I've had interest in the Zorlac before it was known as such. My gf sent me ESP brochures and price lists because I had interest in having a guitar made by them back in the mid-80s. In one of the brochures there was the MM-270/250 and I thought it was pretty sweet and thought someday I might like that, but if I was getting a custom guitar made I was going to make it the way I wanted. Sadly, due to circumstances of asking a friend to buy wood in America to send to Japan while I was staying there for ESP to craft into the neck led to the wood taking way too long to arrive to Japan so I had to scrap the idea of ESP making the guitar. Such is life.

So, anyway, enough about me.

The Zorlac I have was picked up from a guy in Japan and from what I got from him is that it was the last of the ones available because they were supposed to stop selling them as we all know.

There are a couple of dings on the body and a couple of dings on the headstock. The pictures are pretty close-up and show the details clearly.

It's 2015, so nobody should EVER have a blurry picture on ebay or anywhere else for that matter! It's clear somebody is hiding something with postage stamp sized pictures and crap lighting, right?

Anyway, here are some pictures and I'll shut up!

edit:Wife saying come to bed. ^^ Will add more pics soon!

Nathan S.

I wonder if one of the forum members bought it?? I'm really shocked it didn't go for more though?? Good for whoever ended up with it.

Nathan S.

By the way, I have had 8 guitars shipped in via UPS and FedEx both and surprisingly both have done well never had one damaged yet.

Breadfan32

What did it sell for?  I never saw it on eBay.  

Nathan S.

$2000.00

Breadfan32

Thanks Nathan.  

Nathan S.

You bet.

Nathan S.

I thought for sure you would have ended up with it Big Daddy 

ESP 348

Good price! Someone got a very nice and rare guitar. Congrats on the sale Nathan.

You will definitely miss the old girl, they are such cool guitars!

I will never sell mine, love it too much. My kids on the other hand can do whatever they want with it when they inherit my entire guitar collection one day.

I have shipped in 10 guitars from all over the world using whomever the seller decided to use on the day. Lol

I have had guitars arrive with DHL, FedEx, UPS, USPS and I can say they all arrived safely with no issues at all.

Nathan S.

Lol, I didn't sell it ESP, wasn't mine. I was just following the auction pretty closely. 

ESP 348

Lol, sorry mate. Congrats to Brainiac on the sale of the Zorlac.

I've had 3 hours sleep since yesterday, woke up at 2 am to watch the Japanese Formula 1 before heading off to work at 6 am this morning.

12 hr shifts, start at 7 am, home by 7.45 pm. It's 12 am here now, so it's sleep time. Have a big day tomorrow fixing cars. Lol

Have a great night and talk soon.

jt76

I was also watching,  I have been looking for one for a few years,  unfortuantly I have picked up two ESP's and Two Suhrs and an LTD in the last few months therefore the bank accounts a bit low and the Wifes a bit irritated.   I had a hard time not bidding on it. 

jt76

The fact that some actual pushead zorlac stickers are available on ebay right now made it even harder to resist.

I have seen most of those guitars in your posts Big Daddy B.  For me guitars seem to come in waves,   I will come across 3, 4 or more at a time that I really want, and then nothing for 6 months to a year.  Then another wave.   I am starting to thin out the collection and get rid of some lower end stuff and even some nicer stuff I don't play very often.    

ESP 348

Do you have  a link to the Zorlac stickers on Ebay please JT.

brainiac7

Thanks for all the info, guys.

Yeah, she will be missed, but I know intellectually it's fine. I played that guitar a lot and it's really impressed into my memory. It's time to let someone else enjoy the experience.

I thought it should have, or at least could have, sold for more, but that is what it is and I'm not concerned. As I mentioned earlier, I was hoping nobody would bid on it as I was having "sellers remorse" with about 24 hours until the end of the auction.

The buyer is a forum member, but hasn't been coming for awhile, he said.

I have a box and will be packing it up soon as I get offline. Apparently you can have USPS come pick up your package at your door, so I'm going to sign up for that service so I can actually deliver the guitar there since I can't get the box in my car without it sticking out my trunk.

I'm going to put up my MX 250 II this week, so I reckon I'll have pictures of that one too soon.

Cheers, and hope everyone has a great day!

Robbie S.

Dude that looks like it took forever to stand up like that. But it looks pretty sweet, if only i had money :'(

ESP 348

Hey mate,

No worries, it may have sold as I can't seem to find it still.

It's definitely the 2nd of your Ebay links, but it's in colour and a sticker form as you mentioned.

It's all good, if I come across one I will buy it, but I won't stick it to the guitar. Will just be cool to have.

jt76

I did not find it,  most likely I saw the incorrect one and wasn't looking carefully,  if I happen to see the correct one again sometime I will let you know

I am almost certain this is the correct one - this is an image I found online of a poster that someone had taken a picture of.  

Big Daddy B

Yes the proper colors seem to be available on t-shirts but not stickers. Wonder how much it would cost to get a printer to just make a sticker with the design.

Post to Thread