Zorlac pictures

Updated
brainiac7

Hello,

I'm selling one of my babies and was asked for pictures and info.

I guess the quick and dirty is that I've had interest in the Zorlac before it was known as such. My gf sent me ESP brochures and price lists because I had interest in having a guitar made by them back in the mid-80s. In one of the brochures there was the MM-270/250 and I thought it was pretty sweet and thought someday I might like that, but if I was getting a custom guitar made I was going to make it the way I wanted. Sadly, due to circumstances of asking a friend to buy wood in America to send to Japan while I was staying there for ESP to craft into the neck led to the wood taking way too long to arrive to Japan so I had to scrap the idea of ESP making the guitar. Such is life.

So, anyway, enough about me.

The Zorlac I have was picked up from a guy in Japan and from what I got from him is that it was the last of the ones available because they were supposed to stop selling them as we all know.

There are a couple of dings on the body and a couple of dings on the headstock. The pictures are pretty close-up and show the details clearly.

It's 2015, so nobody should EVER have a blurry picture on ebay or anywhere else for that matter! It's clear somebody is hiding something with postage stamp sized pictures and crap lighting, right?

Anyway, here are some pictures and I'll shut up!

edit:Wife saying come to bed. ^^ Will add more pics soon!

brainiac7

brainiac7

ESP 348

Interesting story and cool guitar.

More pics please.

Tondog

Looks like the nut was found then?

Also curious about the Floyd Rose studs on this one. Anything from that time would have been the old screws that went directly into the body. The ones here look like it was sleeved for the new hex key ones?

brainiac7

Thanks ESP 348. I will upload some more tomorrow. Just got home and need to shower and sleep.

Yeah, found the nut on the carpet nearly under the couch. It was trying to crawl into a dark safe place.

This original floyd is retrofit for sure. The Zorlac came in two configurations the MM-270 and MM-250. The only difference being original floyd or ESP lic. floyd. On the back of the headstock there are no holes all the way through which is often, but not always, the way original floyd rose will attach the nut. On the ESP lic. floyd, the nut will be screwed on from the front of the neck, which is the way this one is attached. In addition the tremolo cavity is fit for the slight size difference for the original floyd.

The studs into the body are just as you notice. Which might explain something I just noticed. I think the original seller left a little bag with the original studs that anchored in the body and I didn't put two and two together.

Thanks for the question, Tondog.

brainiac7

Yep. Just checked that little bag and it has old beat up Floyd posts and some crusty other screws that go on the floyd. I'm guessing the seller before me wanted to clean up the guitar for sale and replaced the bridge for a newer one.

Ok, I'm off to bed.

Thanks for the excellent eye and sleuthing, Tondog.

ESP 348

Tondog was all over it! Lol

Interesting stuff, thanks again and looking forward to seeing more pics.

This is one of my favourite guitars, I think mainly because it was Kirk's first Signature guitar.

Nathan S.

Zorlac does have Jackson style headstock..upside down.

Nathan S.

Heres another of his pics

brainiac7

The pics were already on the ebay auction to be seen and it's semi-time consuming to go into photoshop and reduce the size and resave them, etc. Only takes a few minutes here and there, but the next thing you know you're online all night posting images and not getting anything "done" with your life. Believe me, I spent WAY too much time on forums and the net when I was younger and looking back on it...

edit: I see what you meant now about not showing all of the goods. The closeup of the headstock was cropped so that the full Jackson style was not shown so it could easily just have been an ESP headstock. Sorry for the confusion.

TL;DR : Yeah, I already showed the goods elsewhere and eventually going to put more up here as time allows ^^

brainiac7

brainiac7

ESP 348

Hello awesome guitar!!!

Have you got the Ebay link please, I can't seem to find it.

jt76

I just took another look, I could not find it either,  I will take another look after work,  will let you know If I find it.

maybe it's gone, or maybe I was excited about the mm - 250, and was looking at this one which is not the correct sticker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-OG-1980s-ZORLAC-SKULL-W-BONES-Art-by-PUSHEAD-skateboard-sticker-Metallica-/231673860346?hash=item35f0d690fa  

this is the image if i  am correct - but not its not in color and not in sticker format

http://www.ebay.com/itm/metallica-pushead-zorlac-poster-/321865945454?hash=item4af0b4916e

Nathan S.

ESP, just search ESP Zorlac, should come right up.

brainiac7

Guitar sold today! I'm really going to miss her so much... I was really really hoping nobody would bid, lol!!

Any recommendations on shipping provider and all that? I sent a message to the buyer for what he would like to use, but I'm sure you guys have lots of experience with shipping guitars and I would like to hear opinions on which to use and which to avoid, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Post to Thread