• ESP 348

Sorry Road Head, I don't have as much time to play my guitars as I would like.

Time is very valuable to me, so I would much rather spend it playing with my little girls and spending time with the Wife.

I will have plenty of time to play with myself and my guitars when I retire.

• Tondog

"I will have plenty of time to play with myself and my guitars when I retire."

I've always told myself the same thing but the older and crankier I get, I realize that's all just a pipe dream.

• slab
        Tondog wrote:

"I will have plenty of time to play with myself and my guitars when I retire."

I've always told myself the same thing but the older and crankier I get, I realize that's all just a pipe dream.

Wait what? 

I agree with toneperro on something? 

• Big Daddy B
      Nathan S. wrote:

Here's a couple. I'm always curious about the guys with a bunch of guitars. Can you guys really play? Or are there alot of guys like me that just really love guitars? No offense meant, I'll be the first to admit I don't play great but was hooked on guitars from the moment I played the intro to enter sandman on my first guitar and it actually sounded right. I know, that one is easy, but it wasn't at the time for a guy that has never taken a lesson just self taught.

I actually am a player. I played from 87 to 2002. Was in bands. Then got away from it for a while. Picked back up in 2005 for about a year then stopped until 2014. Have picked it up again with a vengance. Have always had the desire to own a bunch of nice guitars so now that I have the means that is what I am doing. I am assembling a roster of guitars I have owned and loved, guitars I always wanted to own, and new releases I think I will like. A greatest hits collection if you will. And I also decided I wanted to take lessons since I pretty much only ever played by ear and tab books. I have a teacher that comes to the house every 2-3 weeks for an hour and we work on things I want to get better at....scales, picking techniques, string skipping, etc. Life is good. I don't claim to be some sort of great guitarist, I see many a man on youtube that would blow me away but I am solid, just need to expand my horizons more and polish my techniques especially after an 8 year hiatus. I enjoy playing all of my guitars including the collectible ones. I'm just very careful in doing so. I try to get 60-90 mins of good practice in every 1-2 days when I am not traveling for work. I usually spend the first 15 mins warming up and doing strengthening exercises. Then I spend another 15 mins or so playing scales against a metronome to work on timing and technique. Then the rest of the time I spend working and learning songs and licks. Am I religious about it, not really. Some days I have family obligations or just too tired to practice. Some nights I will just spend the whole time jamming either on songs I know or against backing tracks or drum tracks on youtube. Wouldn't mind getting back into a band but not actively pursuing that.

• Big Daddy B

Cool story bro. Tell it again.

I actually am a player. I played from 87 to 2002. Was in bands. Then got away from it for a while. Picked back up in 2005 for about a year then stopped until 2014. Have picked it up again with a vengance. Have always had the desire to own a bunch of nice guitars so now that I have the means that is what I am doing. I am assembling a roster of guitars I have owned and loved, guitars I always wanted to own, and new releases I think I will like. A greatest hits collection if you will. And I also decided I wanted to take lessons since I pretty much only ever played by ear and tab books. I have a teacher that comes to the house every 2-3 weeks for an hour and we work on things I want to get better at....scales, picking techniques, string skipping, etc. Life is good. I don't claim to be some sort of great guitarist, I see many a man on youtube that would blow me away but I am solid, just need to expand my horizons more and polish my techniques especially after an 8 year hiatus. I enjoy playing all of my guitars including the collectible ones. I'm just very careful in doing so. I try to get 60-90 mins of good practice in every 1-2 days when I am not traveling for work. I usually spend the first 15 mins warming up and doing strengthening exercises. Then I spend another 15 mins or so playing scales against a metronome to work on timing and technique. Then the rest of the time I spend working and learning songs and licks. Am I religious about it, not really. Some days I have family obligations or just too tired to practice. Some nights I will just spend the whole time jamming either on songs I know or against backing tracks or drum tracks on youtube. Wouldn't mind getting back into a band but not actively pursuing that.

• Nathan S.

^^ haha ^^

• ESP 348

That's it mate, I have played all of my guitars many times contrary to what Roady thinks. I don't play as much as I used to as I am very short on time these days.

I don't care for pick marks on my guitars, I am sure they all have some with the exception of the KH20 as it's the newest guitar I received and I just haven't got around to playing it more than 2 minutes like when I first got it.

What I don't like is putting chips or dents on the finish of my guitars and guess what......................none of them have any paint damage. I played my original KH2 for nearly 10 years straight and it has a million pick marks on it, but otherwise it still looks like new!

Nothing wrong with playing your guitars and actually wanting to try and look after them at the same time also.

I haven't driven my Ferrari for 4 months now, that tells you just how busy I am with life, work and family.

I am definitely taking the Ferrari for a drive today as I have entered it into a local charity car show tomorrow. I am looking forward to it, first time in months I can have some time to myself.

• slab

Nice car

But it's no bugatti 

• ESP 348

Cheers Slab, I think.

• slab

Party, on Wayne 

The nicest car I've  owned was a vw that papa het drove by on the 10.....

He doesn't wave.

Fuck him.

• ESP 348

I said I haven't driven the Ferrari in 4 months Road Dog, never said I haven't been starting it.

As usual............you have no idea. But I appreciate your thoughts in regards to trying to get it started.

And for your efforts, I will be sure to think of you tomorrow when I take it to 192mph.

• ESP 348

I actually enjoy killing roo's, it's quite therapeutic blowing holes in them with my .30-06.

It's good running them over also, they make for good eatin as road kill.

• Gfunk

Wow, that is an awesome looking ride!  I would have never known it was 20+ years old. 

I could not imagine driving almost 200 mph on a public road. I think i had Mrs Funk's car up to @ 130 mph on our Beeline Hwy, and i started to cry like a little bitch.  So little room for error. One fuck up, and you are dead. 

Christ, i am old. 

• ESP 348

Cheers mate, much appreciated.

The car has 26,500 miles on it and is like new inside and out. It's a December 1991 model.

I have owned it for 10 years now, bought it when I was a young pup.

I am very fortunate that where I live there are many straight, flat roads where it is very easy to do speeds like this in a fast car.

There is also plenty of wild life, so you don't stay at those crazy speeds for too long in the event something jumps out in front of you.

I don't speed like that if there are other cars around me or in the distance that I can see and thinking back now, that is a 'one off' I did that speed which is why I took the pic.

I normally keep it around and under 120 mph, it gets there very quickly and safely.

• Big Daddy B

I've been up to 146 mph on the track in my car. Always run out of straight road though. Not scary at all since it doesn't wobble at that speed.

What kind of car? Mine has a governor that shuts it down around 124 if I remember correctly. It's been a while

• Big Daddy B

Dodge Challenger. It's a big heavy car but looks sweet and has a usable back seat & trunk. I bought it two months before they announced the 2015 line up though. 

Does your car actually shut off or just slow down? 

Good to see some mopar love! I have a Chrysler 300C hemi. It just kinda of stutters and won't accelerate past that. It doesn't shut off but you can tell the car won't let you go any faster even it it wants to. I cranked it up a couple of times out in the country between Vegas and Reno. Now that I think about it, it might have been less than that. Maybe 117.

• Nathan S.

Since we are totally off topic lol, I had an 05 ram 5.7 hemi 5 speed auto. The governor would stop it at 106 and it would hit that in 3rd gear. Always wanted to get a tuner and turn the governor off to see what it would do with the other 2 gears left but ended up getting rid of it for a cummins. It did what your 300 does, just would start stuttering and not pickup any more speed.

• Big Daddy B

They may have increased the threshold. Sounds like yours is a 2014. Mine is a 2011. What color do you have? Post a pic! I would love to own a Challenger. I would try to find a Classic trim level in hemi orange with white stripes and put some blacked out rims on it.

This is my old one, a 2006 C. I never got it up fast enough to see if it was governed or not. To me the older one seemed quicker but on paper the newer ones are.

• guitargirlemg81

Real alphas drive ford focus. (homomess doesn't count)

• Gfunk

"SK8N22Z"

Christ.........

How many gold chains are you wearing right now?

• slab

Lulz@GeeFunky

GG1 has a small weenie from all the roids to make his scrawny body into batman and not cartman.

Cancel