ESP 348

Lol, thanks for sharing.

The more ESP guitars the better I say.

Pushead

*cough*

Zhalman

That's almost like a heaven, lol

Pushead

I don't collect guitars, I just like cases.

ESP 348

When all of your cases are near indentical ESP hardcases, you need to label them so you know which guitar it is you want to pull out and play.

*Have added two more ESP guitars to this collection since this pic was taken a few years ago*

jt76

Just my ESP products

The ESP's

Since picture - added a vintage plus tele, eclipse, xj, navigator, j four bass, horizon 5 bass, and custom st, sold the hybrid

The-LTD's

since picture - added an ec 200, viper256 w p90's, ec404 bass and an h200 - sold the exp 

+ 3 kramer focus guitars not pictured that were probably made by Esp

I have the same case problem, and I ran out of space in my closet a long time ago.

I am not sure why I need so many and it is starting to get hard to keep them all adjusted and in tune.  

RZK

Mostly ESPs anyway.

Tondog

Pics of the ones you're selling Pus? Explorers?

Pushead

I'll PM you.

Nathan S.

Here's a couple. I'm always curious about the guys with a bunch of guitars. Can you guys really play? Or are there alot of guys like me that just really love guitars? No offense meant, I'll be the first to admit I don't play great but was hooked on guitars from the moment I played the intro to enter sandman on my first guitar and it actually sounded right. I know, that one is easy, but it wasn't at the time for a guy that has never taken a lesson just self taught.

Tondog

That describes me. I don't know the first thing about music but can regurgitate some of my favorite songs on the guitar. That's all I ever wanted. I enjoy tinkering with them and rebuilding them as much as playing them I found. 

Nathan S.
Tondog wrote:

That describes me. I don't know the first thing about music but can regurgitate some of my favorite songs on the guitar. That's all I ever wanted. I enjoy tinkering with them and rebuilding them as much as playing them I found. 

I've been having fun tinkering myself. The EXP200 and V200 I have I tinkered with both a bunch. Did my own fret re-level and crown on both (must have turned out ok, a guy that can actually play played the EXP said it played very well and wanted to know who did my setup lol) when the EXP showed up to me it must have taken a serious crash on the head at one point in its life, neck was so crooked the high E wasnt even on the fretboard at 22, neck screws were majorly bent. Replaced those, and put Sperzels on both the EXP and V, replaced all the chrome hardware on the V with black. I've enjoyed doing that stuff. Debating on changing pickups on them now, but kinda actually like the different sound of the stock Duncan Designed in them I have so many EMG equipped guitars already. I do want to try a Het set though.

RZK

I've never played a guitar in my life. Playing them lowers their value.

On a less sarcastic note, I'll share my EP here if I ever get around to finishing it. I'd like to play a lot more than I do, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Nathan S.

Haha, well I don't have anything that'll ever be worth anything so I beat on all of them. 

I'm more of a copier than a player. I play a lot of Metallica stuff but I really struggle coming up with my own stuff. I guess that's what I meant when I asked who actually plays (your own creations) as I don't so much consider myself a player since I have little original material.

ESP 348

I don't play as much as I used to. Too busy with work, life and kids. But I have 16 guitars in total in my house.

I have a few friends who the play the shit out of their guitars and they only own one or two..

I think people who have plenty of guitars don't play them as much as they tend to just keep adding to the collection.

People who only have one or two guitars play them a lot more which in turn doesn't give them time to look around and keep adding to their collections.

Just my thoughts and observations of some friends.

Pushead

I like OP's two Horizons.

ESP 348

Sorry Road Head, I don't have as much time to play my guitars as I would like.

Time is very valuable to me, so I would much rather spend it playing with my little girls and spending time with the Wife.

I will have plenty of time to play with myself and my guitars when I retire.

Tondog

"I will have plenty of time to play with myself and my guitars when I retire."

I've always told myself the same thing but the older and crankier I get, I realize that's all just a pipe dream.

slab
Tondog wrote:

"I will have plenty of time to play with myself and my guitars when I retire."

I've always told myself the same thing but the older and crankier I get, I realize that's all just a pipe dream.

Wait what? 

I agree with toneperro on something? 

Big Daddy B
Nathan S. wrote:

Here's a couple. I'm always curious about the guys with a bunch of guitars. Can you guys really play? Or are there alot of guys like me that just really love guitars? No offense meant, I'll be the first to admit I don't play great but was hooked on guitars from the moment I played the intro to enter sandman on my first guitar and it actually sounded right. I know, that one is easy, but it wasn't at the time for a guy that has never taken a lesson just self taught.

I actually am a player. I played from 87 to 2002. Was in bands. Then got away from it for a while. Picked back up in 2005 for about a year then stopped until 2014. Have picked it up again with a vengance. Have always had the desire to own a bunch of nice guitars so now that I have the means that is what I am doing. I am assembling a roster of guitars I have owned and loved, guitars I always wanted to own, and new releases I think I will like. A greatest hits collection if you will. And I also decided I wanted to take lessons since I pretty much only ever played by ear and tab books. I have a teacher that comes to the house every 2-3 weeks for an hour and we work on things I want to get better at....scales, picking techniques, string skipping, etc. Life is good. I don't claim to be some sort of great guitarist, I see many a man on youtube that would blow me away but I am solid, just need to expand my horizons more and polish my techniques especially after an 8 year hiatus. I enjoy playing all of my guitars including the collectible ones. I'm just very careful in doing so. I try to get 60-90 mins of good practice in every 1-2 days when I am not traveling for work. I usually spend the first 15 mins warming up and doing strengthening exercises. Then I spend another 15 mins or so playing scales against a metronome to work on timing and technique. Then the rest of the time I spend working and learning songs and licks. Am I religious about it, not really. Some days I have family obligations or just too tired to practice. Some nights I will just spend the whole time jamming either on songs I know or against backing tracks or drum tracks on youtube. Wouldn't mind getting back into a band but not actively pursuing that.

Nathan S.

^^ haha ^^

ESP 348

That's it mate, I have played all of my guitars many times contrary to what Roady thinks. I don't play as much as I used to as I am very short on time these days.

I don't care for pick marks on my guitars, I am sure they all have some with the exception of the KH20 as it's the newest guitar I received and I just haven't got around to playing it more than 2 minutes like when I first got it.

What I don't like is putting chips or dents on the finish of my guitars and guess what......................none of them have any paint damage. I played my original KH2 for nearly 10 years straight and it has a million pick marks on it, but otherwise it still looks like new!

Nothing wrong with playing your guitars and actually wanting to try and look after them at the same time also.

I haven't driven my Ferrari for 4 months now, that tells you just how busy I am with life, work and family.

I am definitely taking the Ferrari for a drive today as I have entered it into a local charity car show tomorrow. I am looking forward to it, first time in months I can have some time to myself.

Post to Thread