ESP MX220 For Sale

Updated
ESP MX220 For Sale
Pushead

Mmmmm....  I think maybe not. 

Looks fairly convincing except for the belly cut, don't remember ever seeing one of those.  Also, the bridge (not ABR, but a weird looking Nashville style) is a bit questionable.

Possibly a refinish (blows out the serial number) and a body mod?  I dunno, but I'm going to pass.

Tondog

I thought we'd have a good laugh!

Big Daddy B

I'm not an expert on the Hetfield guitars but don't the body proportions look a little bit off as well? Looks a little pinched in the middle.

Nathan S.

I watched it, ended up selling for $2900.00 

I don't know a whole lot about the MX220 but the belly cut threw me. Talked to the seller a bit and swore it was a real deal esp but had nothing to go on but the previous owners word. I hope whoever spent $2900.00 didn't get took and it truly is real deal.

ESPEXP

I would agree. I saw it and noticed there was that indentation in the middle of the body, no serial number, the ESP logo looks a little off to me, looks taller than it should be IMO, the bridge, the original strap placement, on top of that huge crack that it has along the neck. Something didn't sit right with this one.

Tondog

The whole thing was shady as hell to me. He didn't know if it was a re-paint either so all the red flags were out. 

Nathan S.

I recommended to him that he pull the auction and get some verification from either this forum or directly from ESP under the premise that if he could say 100% that it was a real deal MX220 he could get a premium price because of the rarity and he wasn't interested in doing that so that pretty much told me it was probably fake.

donting

once the buyer gets it he can take it to a decent guitar store and have it varified i would have thought? if it turns out to be BS he has 30 days to return it no quibles as per ebay' policy ?

Post to Thread