NGD (customshop 1951 relic nocaster)

Updated
NGD (customshop 1951 relic nocaster)

Sold 2 of my old ESPs to fund it. I had too many redundant super strats

Big Daddy B

Love the flame on the neck. How much did this set you back?

slab

nice

is the neck like a ....er, baseball...uh i mean cricket bat?

donting
Big Daddy B wrote:

Love the flame on the neck. How much did this set you back?

Thanks. £1900 used. Which is a pretty good price considering the relics are all roughly the same price yet I'd never seen one with a flamed neck so had to have it

donting
slab wrote:

nice

is the neck like a ....er, baseball...uh i mean cricket bat?

Neck is actually very nicely proportioned. Slimmer than my les Paul anyway which is like a D. This is basically a large C.

mods may be sand the back of the neck as I don't like oiled nitro neck feels (can't wait 50 years for it to happen naturally)

wish it had jumbo frets, but I think that would change the tone so will just have to make do 

Pushead

Purty.  The flame almost seems out of place on the relic, but it's still a fantastic looking guitar.

donting

I know what you mean pus. But it's a mild flame in most light settings, however when the light hits it at the right angle it pops all of a sudden. It is more an accidental flame, rather than 'fender customshop flame maple neck' specific spec. It's not noted anywhere, it just is

Pushead

Well in either case, I think it's awesome.  Congrats!

donting

Thanks boss!

donting

Road king

me too

i have strat gas and unfortunately it's probably my esp explorer is going to have to fund it ! Simply don't play it. Dunno if they are worth much anymore as no one cares about Metz and esp it seems now days

donting

We'd care more about them if they would have released more than two crappy studio albums in the last 18 years.

Fixed for accuracy 

Gfunk

Needs a blackout and EMGz.

Will you be plugging this into your Dumble Overdrive Special?

corksniffer.........

donting

For the price of one of those badboys Gman, could buy an original nocaster naturally relic'd...

I'd be more than happy with a reissue 65 Princeton reverb, with the tweed finish for now. On the list

Jeff H.

I agree with pus, It is really nice but the lame dorky me thinks a shitty old plain neck looks best on the relics. Regardless, it is BEAUTIFUL. My tele gas is out of control lately so I'm a bit jealous. The finish looks amazing. 

donting

The more I think about it the more I agree with you guys and semi wish I got a heavy-relic. Where the necks are worn (satin finished) sanded at the back, and have the wonderful greyish marks on the fretboard from the pretend wear

in the store I bought mine They have a 1954 tele in the window (real one) which you guys would love, just prefect and medium relic, only problem is its £19,509 GBP hah.

Jeff H.

Definitely not dogging yours, I would take that in a heart beat! Its still pretty rad to have such a nice neck on it. And aesthetically from a color stance, i love everything about that. Usually the blondes and the maple necks end up dangerously the same color on the higher end models, which for some weird reason really annoys me. i like the lighter, aged blonde look with an ambered neck on it. that always looks killer. I'm looking into picking up a MIM road worn soon for that reason, basically the same aesthetic going on as something like this vs say an, a 52 avri that usually has a brand new looking neck or suffers from the whole color bleeding i mentioned earlier.. cant justify or afford payin' custom prices though. wife would not be happy.

Post to Thread