MX-250

Updated
MX-250

Looks like we FINALLY hit the skids on the global consumption of all the ESP MX-250's out there! Plenty of them available as of late and it doesn't look like many selling. Have we finally got our fix on the ESP Explorers or is everyone just broke? There are even new ones being produced for the Japanese market as well it looks like.

donting

Thanks pus for the trip down memory lane. And yeah it was SYL who made the original order. The top is a strange breed of ebony I remember.

not sure about that trans white one. Still cool though 

Beaten Beyond

Hey guys.  Does this MX-250 look legit?  How's that price in the current market?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESP-Custom-Shop-MX-250-James-Hetfield-Metallica-Explorer-2012-Snow-White-/161793112164?

Beaten Beyond

BTW, what happened to the old "Know Your Explorer" thread? 

Pushead

Yes, it's a 2012 model.  That bell truss rod cover is aftermarket, though.  It appears to already be sold.

ESPEXP

I think that thread got deleted when they switched the forum. Yea the guitar is legit. I never really liked the aftermarket bell truss rod cover. There's not enough white to it. I bought one and never ended putting it on my old MX-250 because it didn't look as good as an original.

Tondog

Where were the aftermarket truss rod covers available?

ESPEXP

scroll down some on this webpage. I didn't care for them because the white outline isn't thick enough.

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/ESP_Carvin_Peavey/esp.htm

brainiac7

For what it's worth. I used to make truss rod covers and still have one bell cover that I didn't complete and sell. I could take a picture of it and sell it if anyone is interested. I don't have any of the proper plastic I used to glue them together, but if someone wanted to buy it I could put it together and drill the hole etc.

ESPEXP

The price is about $3000 in great shape, $2300-$2800 otherwise as or right now.

brainiac7

It's been a long long time since I've been to the ESP site and forums, so maybe not too many of you will remember me. Anyway, I think this is the same forum name I used back then.

If anyone cares, and I don't blame you if you don't, I used to make some customizations to members guitars, like hand-made truss rod covers, unique pickguards, etc.

I have a few ESP guitars that I'm selling and wanted to get an idea of their worth before I sold them with BIN/Auction on Ebay or CL, etc. One of them is a Black MX 250 II which is why I'm here in this thread. The others are a Zorlac and Stephen Carpenter B7.

Thanks, ESPEXP, for the ballpark figures you posted.

Hopefully I won't post my guitars in the wrong area of the forum.

In any case, I will post up some pictures of them soon.

Cheers

edit: Just looked around the forum a bit and it's sadly not in the best of shape. Not sure what happened to ESP in the USA. Not sure if there is anyone interested in seeing the pics of my guitars, but I'll post them since I already said I would, but... What happened to this place? It used to be pretty lively. (and I can't post pics due to needing more "points". Ok that's reasonable, but no links and no pics until I can get the points.)

ESP 348

The forum is not what it used to be unfortunately.

But welcome back and I definitely would love to see pics of your guitars.

Especially the Zorlac.

Can you tell us a little more about the Zorlac when you can please.

CannibalChris

I would love to see pics of the Zorlac as well...

RaulTx

+1 on the Zorlac! 

Breadfan32

Post em up bro 

brainiac7

How do I go about posting pics when I don't have the forum points? Do I just make a bunch of filler comments or something?

You can go to ebay and look up zorlac guitar esp and some pics I've uploaded are in my auction. I'm really swamped and am trying to get nice pics, but I'm slow and just busy at the moment. Now probably isn't even a good time for me to sell the guitar, but I already went ahead with it, so *shrug*.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome back and curiosity in seeing the guitar.

Cheers.

p.s. Just noticed the picture upload icon up there and tried to upload a pic and I got a "too fucking large dood" error. It's 2:45am so I'll have to reduce the size later. Ok, gotta go, guys.

brainiac7

I posted up more pics on the ebay auction, so there are 11 pictures total there which is the ebay limit. I have a little time tonight so I'll photoshop some small sized ones to post here.

Cheers

Breadfan32

Cool guitar but it's not a MX 250.  Looks like an ESP exp with a Floyd which I don't think too many people are interested in.  Good luck with the sale though.

Post to Thread