MX-250

Updated
MX-250

Looks like we FINALLY hit the skids on the global consumption of all the ESP MX-250's out there! Plenty of them available as of late and it doesn't look like many selling. Have we finally got our fix on the ESP Explorers or is everyone just broke? There are even new ones being produced for the Japanese market as well it looks like.

Pushead

Pretty.  Did you get any pics of the stripped guitar?  I've seen a few of those 84/85 Explorers which were alder (have also seen some that were mahogany.)

Tondog

I did. Looks like mohagany to me?

Pushead

Yeah that's mahogany.  Here's one I had saved.  I think maybe Ans'?  It was in pretty sad shape, and a previous owner put a pick guard on it.

Tondog

Now is that alder then? Any pics on how that one turned out?

Mine was a complete disaster for sure and it was great to put it back into playing shape. It REALLY sounds great and those dirty finger pickups do rip. 

Pushead

Yeah, it's alder.  That's the only pic I saved.  No memory of what happened to it.

Pushead

More than 9 Explorers?  Not I.

donting

How much are used KLs these days then with the advent of no one giving a sh1t about ESP or Metallica anymore? (not that KL has anything to do with ESP... well, kinda...)

I recently put a load of shit on mine

donting

and who is currently in possession of the ninja star KL?

That was my no.1 want for many many years. Would love to have that for old time sake. i know it was ordered by the ginger beard with the 6 explorers (4no KL) but i'm sure i remember it floating about between members a few times but was always gone before i saw the for sale postings

Pushead

I've lost track of it. I think that Microdomus from Norway had it and within the last year or so sold it.  After that, it's off my radar.

Used KLs still sell (or are advertised, anyway) in the 5-6k USD range.

donting

Still a fair enough price.

would fookin love that ninja star. Very very handy if it is in the EU

Pushead

A couple of old forum members were friends on bookface with him, I think.  You might be able to get in touch with him and find out where it may have gone.

Tondog

Anyone still have pics of it? I don't remember a ninja star one! Also, who is ESPExplorer aka (John Smith) on Photobucket? He's got photos of some pretty outstanding stuff but I marked the site years ago and when the ESP boards went tits up, I think we lost the membership who would have known him.

Pushead

Well, there are at least 3 KL Explorers with the ninja star style inlay.  The most recent one I've seen belongs to a guy here named Gerinmo (or something) with a STwhite finish:

Ans had the original (to me at least) one at some point, not sure if he was the original owner.

It's the only one I would have tried to make a play for.  But pricewise, I think it's more than I'm comfortable paying for a guitar.

Gfunk

I thought SYL ordered that one.

Tondog

That case alone is mind numbing it's so nice looking. I think I need about 3 of those poles with the 4 Explorer holders on them! Really neat way to display them! Hopefully that is a Ken Lawrence display somewhere and not someones personal collection?!

Pushead

I thought he might be your long-lost cousin, or something.

Post to Thread