MX-250

Updated
MX-250

Looks like we FINALLY hit the skids on the global consumption of all the ESP MX-250's out there! Plenty of them available as of late and it doesn't look like many selling. Have we finally got our fix on the ESP Explorers or is everyone just broke? There are even new ones being produced for the Japanese market as well it looks like.

slab

That's wrong

Tondog's illegitimate kids cant speak English. 

Tondog

Perfect Castilian spanish if anything!

slab

I am so proud. 

It makes my imperialist heart jump a beat.

Hey open carry soon in texas!

Lulz. Like it matters in Waco. 

Tondog

Tondog

Tondog

Meh....it's an MX. Seen one...seen 'em all. ABR bridge is pretty cool since I thought they were all doing those inserts in all of them now.

All in all though, it's one of the nicest ones I've seen for fit and finish. The fretboard is perfect ebony and the frets had zero wear.

Tondog

I really want a black one but they're just too high in price for what they're worth right now. I'm going to get on Ken Lawrences' 3 year wait list in January, and try to get something similar to what Ans here had for that first black Chechen topped explorer. The black MX250's listed right now are in the same price range as the KL's within a thousand. I got to see a KL in Sacramento and they're pretty special. 

slab

I think the red kl that zao ordered was the sickest

Before his wife killed the ups driver......

RZK

It's almost back to normal... Brings a tear to my eye.

singlecoilpickup

Nice MX, Tondizzle. 

Tondog

Everyone seems to be holding firm on their prices and not realizing that $3,500 is the ceiling these days. The fact that there are 2015 models coming out of Japan has killed the panic that they're gone for under $7000.

ESPEXP

The KL's are something special. I put my order in back in February 2013. My first KL back in 2002 was the best and still is the best guitar I have ever played.

Tondog

Still got it?

ESPEXP

Nope got rid of it to Ansley for my MX-250 and some cash. Told Ken I'd be back to make my own custom when I decided what I wanted. lol almost a decade later

Tondog

Ah the black one then? That was my absolute favorite one! I'm going to get on the list but I'm in a pinch to pick out a fret board design worthy of doing. I've seen a few that were cool but I don't want to repeat anyone elses.

Still diggin your MX250 above all?

ESPEXP

Above all...anything but a KL. The KL will always be number 1 but the MX-250 has been the longest and most played guitar I've ever owned. Since I didn't know what inlay I wanted on my KL back in 2001 I just went with the Petraglyph like Hetfields with the Chechen top. I even asked him if I could keep it blank because I couldn't decide, but he wouldn't let me (he allows it now though). Then when I had it I loved it but then after awhile I wanted my own thing. So I told Ken, I wanted to sell it, he told me before he didn't want it put on eBay (which I see they are now) so I was talking with Ansley and told him my dilema and he said he would buy it. Since he knew where to get MX-250s, which were hard to find at the time, I took one and cash. I emailed Ken and told him I was selling my KL to Ansley and told him I'd be back one day for my own custom. I told him I would want it all black and with my own inlay when I did. This was before any of the black ones ever surfaced. Soon after that, the first time I saw SYL's black KL, I was like, there is my idea! I would get an order in with Ken ASAP though. You don't need everything decided yet. You have a lot of time to decided on an inlay, stain, hardware things like that. I placed my order in Feb 2013, and had everything I wanted to do but no inlay decided yet. He told me I had plenty of time to decide that stuff. So you have alot of time to wait. Ken is working on my inlay right now and its been 2 years and 4 months and he's not done yet. Yea the inlay design is the hardest thing.

Tondog

I just picked up a black MX250 to complete the ESP Explorer collection. They really are a cut above any Gibsons I own.

Gfunk

Nice white explorer.  I always wanted a white one.  I guess the Feenix quenched my thirst for another MX though.  That Feenix is almost yellow btw, way past Olympic White.

Pics of negro MX pls..

Tondog

It's an ebony board but sure looks like rosewood in this pic. Just lighting. ABR bridge again. Really does sound great compared to my Snakebytes even.

Tondog

Gfunk

Mine has a lighter shade of mahogany as well.  Congas!

Tondog

My most fun project recently was the rescue and re-build of a REAL Explorer. The one that started it all for me. It was originally a totally beat to shit guitar center rescue that was red. Stripped it all down, had it painted,refretted and rebuilt. With the original Dirty Fingers in it, I'd have to say it's my favorite SOUNDING Explorer. It's a heavy guitar and a fantastic one to play.

Gfunk

Awesome dood, that pig turned out great!  Glad to hear you lept the Dirty Fingers as well.  Great hot open sounding pup.  Congas!

Post to Thread